Mountain Troop boots - opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mountain Troop boots - opinions please

No attachment for skis, no hobnails, what do you guys think?
    Attached Files

boots

Attached Files

Comment

boots

Attached Files

Comment

mountain boots

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNK
          They're Swiss!

Comment

Swiss Boots

Hi Manny,

Thanks again! This is the second pair this week that I've posted and it turned out they are Swiss, not German. I'll be saving these pictures for future reference as Swiss boots.

Can you tell me, are there particular features that I should be looking for to determine if the mountain boots are German? For example, I noticed this pair does not have the little bit of "padding" around the upper edge of the boot. Is that a feature that is specific to German mountain trooper boots?

I'm trying to learn.

Thanks

Comment

Hi John,
              Manny can tell you all about German boots, of which he has about 95% of what remains in the world in his collection, although he might argue that he actually has 2643% , but here is a period picture of some Swiss boots that you can add to your reference. It is in the book "Der Aktivdienst" (p 43). As you can see, the Swiss used a few different kinds of boots as well, some of which also had a wool collar, so the presence or absence of that feature alone is not a sufficient mark to differentiate between Swiss and German boots of the same vintage.

cheers,
              Gene T

Comment

Originally posted by Gene T
                Hi John,
                Manny can tell you all about German boots, of which he has about 95% of what remains in the world in his collection, although he might argue that he actually has 2643% , but here is a period picture of some Swiss boots that you can add to your reference. It is in the book "Der Aktivdienst" (p 43). As you can see, the Swiss used a few different kinds of boots as well, some of which also had a wool collar, so the presence or absence of that feature alone is not a sufficient mark to differentiate between Swiss and German boots of the same vintage.

cheers,
                Gene T

Hi Gene,
                thank you for your kind words and for posting this VERY,VERY,VERY interesting and usefulk picture which,accidentally, shows just about any type of mountain boots used by the Swiss Army!
                John,WW2 German Bergschuhe are a World within itself........study CAREFULLY the pictures you'll find in this Forum and you can't go wrong!
                Email me if you need a few pictures for your reference; lbas41@yahoo.ca
                Taka care
                Manny
                Last edited by derspiess63; 03-27-2005, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Boots

Thanks Gene, I appreciate you helping out a fellow Californian! That is a GREAT picture and I will add it to my reference files, Thank You.

Manny, as always, I appreciate your knowledge and willingness to share it. I am going to surf the threads first and save some more pictures. I will definately email you for more if I need them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X