SoS purchase. Sturmgeschutz Wrap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoS purchase. Sturmgeschutz Wrap.

I posted this in the "group thread" where several members chimed in with their SoS purchases, but I took some better photos (not much better, but better). This was my main find at the SoS. I had gone with the goal of bringing back a field gray wrap and after looking at the two that I was able to find offered for sale there and passing on them, I'd pretty much given up. About one hour before I had to leave for the airport, this popped up. After some authentication and some haggling I was able to leave for the airport with mission accomplished.
    Attached Files

My photos of the interior stampings are too large and will not upload, but here's one of the insignia.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks great.. Thanks for showing.

Glenn
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Nice catch! What colour is the waffenfarbe?

Carles

Comment

A rare and attractive tunic, I searched the show pretty thoroughly but must have missed this one.

Comment

Congratulations. Looks very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
              What colour is the waffenfarbe?

I would say red piped based on the first photo.

Glenn
              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Killer! I was hoping to get one as well and came back unsuccessful. Matt

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
                  Nice catch! What colour is the waffenfarbe?

Carles
                  Thanks!

It's red for Sturmartillerie. Sorry that my lighting/photos aren't the best.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                    A rare and attractive tunic, I searched the show pretty thoroughly but must have missed this one.

Thanks! Sounds like several of us were on the same hunt!

This one was a walk-in. Unfortunately the dealer nabbed it first, LOL. I had to pay fair market value.

He told me he had it all of about an hour before a friend of mine saw it and ran over to a mutual friend's tables that I was sitting at and alerted me. I tend to believe the dealer as I'd been at his tables checking out his items just that very morning and the wrap wasn't there at that time.

Comment

That is a great find. Very nice looking wrap. I had some one look for a set of general staff collar tabs and could not find any at the show. Seems some stuff is just hard to find . J

Comment

Originally posted by TWS View Post
                        Thanks!

It's red for Sturmartillerie. Sorry that my lighting/photos aren't the best.
                        Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
                        I would say red piped based on the first photo.

Thanks. Yes, in the first pic it looks reddish but in the third it looks rather "nebelish", if I might call it like that

Carles

Comment

Great wrap!

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                            That is a great find. Very nice looking wrap. I had some one look for a set of general staff collar tabs and could not find any at the show. Seems some stuff is just hard to find . J
                            Thank-you sir. I don't believe I saw any loose Karmisenrot GS/Veterinary insignia at the show. Just a couple complete tunics.

Originally posted by MM1985 View Post
                            Great wrap!
                            Thanks! I'm really pleased with it.
                            Last edited by TWS; 03-04-2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Gents,

I saw this tunic at the show in-hand when Todd brought it back to Gus Villareal's tables.

These pics don't do it justice. It is such a one-look crispy mint all original jacket that it just left us with our mouths wide open. One thing I loved about it is that the straps were made of the exact wool the tunic was made from.

I'd say with high confidence that this was one of the nicest tunics at the show.

Congrats on a great purchase Todd!

Regards!

Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X