Kampfgruppe

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the main differences between m40 Feldbluse and the m42/m43 Feldbluse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the main differences between m40 Feldbluse and the m42/m43 Feldbluse?

How can you tell exactly the differences between these? I already know that the m42/m43 Feldbluse don't have the strips at the pockets, but are there more differences?

Here is a M40. It has pleated pockets and scalloped pocket flaps and a 5 button front.
    Attached Files
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Here is a M43. It has no pleats or scalloped flaps and is a 6 button front.
      Attached Files
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Many thanks!! Now its al clear to me. This is going to come in my '' identification map .

Greetings,

Edgar

Comment

Originally posted by feldwebl
          The M36....same as the M40 but with a dark green collar.
          Glenn, I bet you haven't served in the Army. You would never make folds (under the belt) in front - always on back
          Realnice GD M36
          Actually, all of 'em are GREAT!

Comment

M40 tunics

The M40 tunics also can be dound with six button fronts as these came about around mid-1941. I guess you could call these 6 button types M41 tunics since the whole year date model convention is collector derived and had no real meaning to the Germans at the time, I guess we can call them whatever we want to.

Comment

about those early models.. my qualification always was:

1. M36 - dark green collar, waffenfarbe collar patches, inside suspenders for hooks etc...

2. M40 like above - but collar already made in feldgrau, no waffenfarbe on patches

3. M41 - looks like M40 but has no more separate suspenders - but sewn in straps for hooks

4. M42 - no more pleats on pockets - but scalloped flaps are still present

all the rest was presented by Glenn

M42:
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Kuligow; 03-26-2005, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X