Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical Shoulder Straps Lot

Good afternoon gents,

The straps arrived today that we've been discussing in this Thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=948022

I am very happy with them as they look better in-hand than they did in the pics, and, there was a surprise that I think reinforces why pics sometimes can be misleading. The pair at 1 - 2:00 that we thought was soiled white waffenfarbe are actually a faded or purposely bleached out pair of nachrichten. White for Heer Flak and MG is pretty cool, but I think tropical Nachrichten is equally as scarce.

So here they are.

vr

Bob
    Attached Files

Matching pair of Heer Nachrichten EM with artificial silk piping.

Sorry, I couldn't get the lighting right so it was soft enough to show the powdery lemon-yellow.
    Attached Files

Comment

Matching pair of Heer Schutzen/Pz Grenadier EM with artificial silk piping.

Tons of character. His tunic and cap must have looked awesome!
      Attached Files

Comment

Matching pair of Heer Artillery EM with artificial silk piping and kompanie/batterie identification bands made from overseas cap soutache.
        Attached Files

Comment

Matching pair of Heer Artillery EM with "badge cloth" piping.
          Attached Files

Comment

Matching pair of Heer Artillery EM with "badge cloth" piping.
            Attached Files

Comment

Matching pair of Heer Artillery EM continental straps with artificial silk piping and kompanie/batterie identification band.
              Attached Files

Comment

Mismatched pair of Luftwaffe Flak EM made from shirt "guage" fabric. The artificial silk is slightly more orange-red on one, but they could have been worn together.
                Attached Files

Comment

Italian single Artillery shoulder strap made from Olona cloth that looks like it was field embellished with the addition of piping.

That's it - hope you enjoyed them.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice grouping Bob, will you be bringing these to the SOS show
                    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                      Nice grouping Bob, will you be bringing these to the SOS show
                      Thanks Lenny. Yes, I'll be bringing them to show a couple of guys here who've contacted me about a few of the pairs.

Safe travels and look forward to seeing you.

Regards!

Comment

I made a mistake on the Italian strap. It is Infantry. Artillery in the Royal Italian Army was gold-yellow like Heer Kavallerie.

Comment

Great catch Bob, Some of the straps have the extended piping that we have been discussing in other DAK/tropical strap threads.
                          Glad it was you that got them

So have the NCO & Rosa waffenfarbe straps from this collection been offered yet ?

Comment

These two post number 6 (top image) and 5 (bottom image) look to be Panzer dark Rosa not artillery red

I think you have a couple of nice early matched pairs of deep Pink tropical Panzer boards there

Chris
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by 90th Light; 02-08-2018, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
                              Matching pair of Heer Artillery EM with artificial silk piping and kompanie/batterie identification bands made from overseas cap soutache.
                              This might help:

"Single colors are Bataillon - I. white - II. red - III. yellow - other companies (or a IV. Batl.) within a Regiment are blue

Double colors are Kompanie designators - 1. white/(white) - 2. white/red - 3. white/yellow - 4. white/blue - 5. red/white - 6. red/(red) - 7. red/yellow - 8. red/blue - 9. yellow/white - 10. yellow/red - 11. yellow/(yellow) - 12. yellow/blue - 13. blue/white - 14. blue/red"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X