Tunic identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunic identification

please could someone verify this tunic, just obtained, also in a very very dirty state do I dry clean? as ever thanks, Paul
    Attached Files

another photo

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It's a mod 42 with a modified dark green collar (it seems there are traces of tress) so the insignas could be newly added .
          Better pics could help

Comment

I rather like the added interior breast pocket.

Regarding the collar, in addition to a dark green badge cloth covering, it has also been modified to a rise-and-fall officer's style collar. From the photos, I also agree it looks like it once had nco tresse applied.

Regarding cleaning, I have never had a uniform cleaned before...I merely vacuum loose dirt while protecting the cloth with a mesh screen. I have read several threads some time ago that a gentle dry cleaning is possible, but they advise to get referrals from a local museum for providers experienced in this sort of thing. I believe they put the garment in a mesh bag while dry cleaning. Try a forum search for "dry cleaning".

Paul

Comment

Hi

is the tunic made out of wool, our more like a smooth textile to the surface , from the photo it almost looks like it has been made out of italian cloth (smooth textile).

i would defently not wash the tunic, our even worth dry cleaning it, i have done that once when i was young and my first tunic come back as a mess, i had a nervous breakdown at the age of 16.

i would just leave it like it is.

regards

Alex

Comment

If it absolutely reeks, put some moth repellant in a few places and hang it outside in nice weather to air out for a while. Otherwise I probably wouldn't try to clean it.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC
                  If it absolutely reeks, put some moth repellant in a few places and hang it outside in nice weather to air out for a while. Otherwise I probably wouldn't try to clean it.

Don
                  Thanks Guys, just off to the dry cleaners, you have saved me a journey, many thanks for all your advice, Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X