Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Armband, opinions wanted!

Hello!

I have a chance to buy this armband, these two pictures are the only two I have at the momet. What do you think? It looks ok to me but I have to be sure. How much should it cost??

Thanks
    v.H.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by von Hacht; 03-22-2005, 02:58 PM.

one more
    Attached Files

Comment

Anybody??

Comment

Originally posted by von Hacht
        Anybody??
        von Hacht....It may be me but I'm not sure the material is right for the swastika and the white backdrop....I have seen Hitler Youth armbands with the same material for the swastika but not an SS....Ones I'm familiar with have a corrugated (rippled) material.....Also condition looks rather too new IMHO...Hope this helps....Bodes

Comment

Im my opinion it is . I have a very nice one that has been discussed on this forum and I took it to the MAX show and they loved it. the white circle should be ribbed as well as the swastika and black borders. the red cloth should be a nice heavt material. here is mine;<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 width=175></TD><TD class=alt2><!-- icon and title -->

<HR color=#cfb992 SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->last one

<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
          <FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Images</LEGEND><TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 border=0> <TBODY></TBODY></TABLE></FIELDSET>

<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE>
          </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

heres a closeup of the ribbed areas;

Comment

another;

Comment

V.H., PM me, maybe we can work something out. I will be getting rid of this and 2 more great armbands at some point. who knows, maybe you have something I would like. Glenn

Comment

Nice original SS brassard Glenn I would agree with the other concerns on the first one posted and would pass on it.

Glenn
                  "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by von Hacht
                    Hello!

I have a chance to buy this armband, these two pictures are the only two I have at the momet. What do you think? It looks ok to me but I have to be sure. How much should it cost??

Thanks
                    v.H.
                    This is a poor quality fake. The material is wrong, the RZM tag is fake. there is not much to say about this piece. The value-zero
                    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by feldwebl
                      Nice original SS brassard Glenn I would agree with the other concerns on the first one posted and would pass on it.

Glenn
                      I would agree Glenn B....The style you posted is what I'd call "textbook"....It's similar to the one I own except mine has a bevo tag....Bodes

Comment

Thank you all for your replies, it is not so easy to know how the original one should look like. I was offered this one for very good price and that is why I got suspicious.

Regards
                        Hacht

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X