Piping Material Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piping Material Help!

I just received a nice fully piped pionier reserve officer's tunic. It's a beauty. One unique quality is that the piping and the collar tabs are a velvet material as opposed to felt. I've never seen this before. Is this a cause for concern? The shoulder boards are felt (Black and Grey).

It was purchased from a reputable dealer. I thought I had read something on this within the last month but haven't been able to find the thread.

I appreciate any input. Sorry, can't post pics yet. Have to update my membership!

Hi Demian -

I wondered who got that one off of Shea! From what I saw of it on his site, it looked OK, but I can't recall the piping exactly. Drop me an email at mutzenfabrik@yahoo.com and I can post them for you.

Don

Comment

Anyone?

Hmmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by DonC
        Hi Demian -

I wondered who got that one off of Shea! From what I saw of it on his site, it looked OK, but I can't recall the piping exactly. Drop me an email at mutzenfabrik@yahoo.com and I can post them for you.

Don
        Thanks Don,

Sent an email, your help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Here's some scans courtesy of Demian...
          Attached Files

Comment

Next...
            Attached Files

Comment

Last for now...
              Attached Files

Comment

It might just be something that a certain tailor used. You find variations in tailor made pieces. I have a velvet backed collar tab for a Luftwaffe NCO of the Arzt Akadamie, it came with his shoulder board.

Regards

Originally posted by Demianthedog
                I just received a nice fully piped pionier reserve officer's tunic. It's a beauty. One unique quality is that the piping and the collar tabs are a velvet material as opposed to felt. I've never seen this before. Is this a cause for concern? The shoulder boards are felt (Black and Grey).

It was purchased from a reputable dealer. I thought I had read something on this within the last month but haven't been able to find the thread.

I appreciate any input. Sorry, can't post pics yet. Have to update my membership!

Comment

I had never seen anything like that but it is very unique. I think it is no question in my mind that it is totally original.

Juan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X