Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GD tunic

Hello,

I have acquired this tunic from a fellow WAF member who is informed about this thread.

The tunic is a worn example with consistent wear (including the insignia).

What I would like to have your opinion on are the rare GD insignia (First as GD is rare and even more with this Waffenfarbe which exists only a short time) being original to the tunic.

The hand applied litzen on the boards are the same style as on the collar.

I got remarks from another fellow member here that he is not too comfortable with the eagle applied on a wool base.

So my question is: What is your impression on the insignia period applied to the tunic ?

Thank you

Christian
    Attached Files
    Last edited by compressore; 01-20-2018, 06:26 AM.

eagle application

eagle application

The eagle is not sewn through the liner
    Attached Files
    Last edited by compressore; 01-20-2018, 06:43 AM.

Comment

fading...

The dark green wool base of the eagle can be lifted a bit from the tunic and it can be observed that the base wool is not faded under this.
      This is consisted around the eagle
      Attached Files

Comment

GD title

The GD title
        Attached Files

Comment

GD title

back seam and inside application
          Attached Files

Comment

boards

boards
            Attached Files

Comment

boards

last pic

Thank you very much

Christian
              Attached Files

Comment

tunic

hello all,
                as a gd collector i saw this a while ago, i checked it over and had no issues with it, the cyphers are good originals and show ghost marks there also, the cuff title was nice to see also but what reassured me what the consistent and matching wear and discolouration throughout the tunic and insignia, matching tress and discolouration to not just the cuff title but breast eagle and other bits too, yes it is a rare colour waffenfarbe for gd but this is a good one in my opinion.

Comment

I very much like the whole thing to be honest. I see no problems at all but i t looks like an untouched piece from here
                  I was thinking of going for it myself if i had the money.

Comment

I agree that this is a very fine tunic that I would love to own. If have none issues with it.

Erik

Comment

I don’t see any red flag. This is a very nice worn M43 GD jacket.

Radek

Comment

Hi everyone.

I had the opportunity to judge holding it in my hands this late production M43 tunic thanks to Antonio, that proposed me in the same time an exceptional and rare PzAufkl officer sidecap.

Due to the fact that I collect only Pz/StuG militaria, I opted for the sidecap.

This said, the Tunic's effects are all consistent with age and patina to the Tunic, and the earlier pattern Eagle, applied to a dark green base (another "early" characteristic), is nonetheless coherent to a senior and veteran NCO affectation, also late in the war. Those affectations frequently distinguished the "old hand", the "frontschweine" from the replacement soldiers. These Eagle's dark green wool base is frequently found hand stitched to the Tunic.

The green Waffenfarbe on a GD uniform, as you know, was not "PzGren"* but was issued from 1941 to 1943 to a pair of motorcycle Squadrons (Kradf.) of the AufklAbt GD, so is a rare Waffenfarbe in a pair of 100% originale GD straps. The UO Tresse is btw hand applied, in this case another sign of a pair of straps of a frontline soldiers with many years at the front, and that maybe retained the Green piped straps even after the 1943 change from Green to Dark Yellow "Kupferbraun" for these GD AA Kradf units, as the rest of the AA.

* GD troops being Elite units, they retained the White Waffenfarbe for Infantry "Queen of the Battle" also when they were redesignated PzGren: White Waffenfarbe was historically an elite color from Imperial times.

Hope this helps you,

Regards,

Andrea Lombardi

Comment

Insignia "sits" nice!

Comment

Sirs.

Thank you all for your comments.

Regards
                            Christian

Comment

Cool original GD tunic..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X