Arty waffenrock/visor input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arty waffenrock/visor input

A few months ago I picked up an arty enlisted waffenrock. I have 2 enlisted arty visors and am thinking of selling one. My dilemma is, of course, that I like BOTH of the visors. I'm looking for input from the uniform guys about which one of these visors is a better match for the uniform. The issue version w/ alum insignia is made from roughly the same ribbed tricot material as the uniform, but is (I believe) a later vintage than the uniform and would be more appropriate w/ a straight issue tunic without the fancy special attributes. The second visor is a gorgeous, early EREL w/ frosted nickel fittings. This one is made of a fine doe skin fabric that doesn't match the uniform as well, but I think chronologically is a better match and the high quality matches the special bullion insignia on the tunic...what do you guys think?
    Attached Files

2: Erel
    Attached Files

Comment

3:tunic
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I would definitely go with the EREL. Period photos show that the hats and dress tunics rarely if ever matched in color or material so I don't see color match as a criteria at all. Just my opinion.

Regards,
        W.Unland

Comment

Hi Andy -

I too would keep the Erel as they have a special cachet and of course, better resale than an issue cap. The Waffenrocks were not worn as much after '39, so an earlier model cap would seem more appropriate. Just think how many issue caps you can see for sale for every nice Erel that comes along!

Don

Comment

Andy,

It looks like your man was a snappy dresser. He used officer quality insignia on his waffenrock. Inspite of the material color differance, definately go with the EREL. Just my opinion.

Garth

Comment

Definitely keep the Erel with the Waffenrock..sacrifice the issue cap. Both are nice looking visors, but the Erel looks and feels dressier than the issue one. The comments about greater resale value later is well put.

The bullion eagle points to a man interested in spending a few Reichsmarks more for style and image...the NCO rank gave him more means to do so!

Paul

Comment

Andy, that is one nice tunic! I believe I saw this one for sale and even considered it for awhile until I figured out I did not have enough money. You have a good looking Erel and I would use it.

Eric
                I once flew in a B-17, B-24, & a B-25. Next, I want to fire an 88 round.

Comment

Thanks guys for the input..Eric, here is the thread that tells about the uniform set. It was never really on the open market, so I don't think it was the one you saw. I got the tunic cap and belt together, but as someone mentions, there is no way to be sure they actually were worn by the same man...

The Erel is the better cap IMO

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...light=arty+NCO
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X