Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby
    Curt,
    That is certinaly prime material for the "most uglyest fake" thread in the Association Members only forum. For that matter, Homer could take that ridiculous clock and post it also.

Chet
    i too have been to these auctions and have found the same..lead fakes etc.. but you should have seen the people buy up lead garbage at $90.00 a crack.the best was the fake '36 olympic badge placed on a period pill box and laballed as an ss suicide pill box.blank stares greeted me when i asked just exactly HOW they came up with that one. a couple of real things,i waited all day for..sports badge,russian front and a beat but original normandy camo helmet.i had to really look at that one ,but took a chance, as the items to look for were there in abundance

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby
      Curt,
      That is certinaly prime material for the "most uglyest fake" thread in the Association Members only forum. For that matter, Homer could take that ridiculous clock and post it also.

Chet
      The clock would be a good combo with the SS TK Radio. The first (and only) SS TK Clock-Radio.

Comment

Chet

Originally posted by kurskss
        i too have been to these auctions and have found the same..lead fakes etc.. but you should have seen the people buy up lead garbage at $90.00 a crack.the best was the fake '36 olympic badge placed on a period pill box and laballed as an ss suicide pill box.blank stares greeted me when i asked just exactly HOW they came up with that one. a couple of real things,i waited all day for..sports badge,russian front and a beat but original normandy camo helmet.i had to really look at that one ,but took a chance, as the items to look for were there in abundance
        Hi Chet me and you must be going to the same auctions

Because ive seen these all aswell, and yes I was at the Auction with the only real items being the SA, Ostfront and helmet.

Dan

Comment

I was told the figural german officers clocks are russian fakes and they were never used in WWII.

Comment

and more.
            [IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d191/perrythefireman/ssside.jpg

Comment

Real Aircraft/Ship

Comment

Any comments
                Perryandclaire@netzero.com

Comment

Wow thanks

Thanks For posting all those photos Perry, are they from a book? Do you have any info on them, are they all fake? Some interesting clocks there anyhow

Dan

Comment

The figurine ones were listed on Ebay.

The aircraft clocks are mine.

The German clock website is:
                    http://germanwatch.proboards43.com/i...?board=general

Best regards,

Perry

Comment

I listed various fakes on this website here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...08#post1184108

Comment

More Ebay Fake Clock SS

The Germans were very good at designing and would not have crooked stamps, numerous markings etc. These clocks are trying too hard to look worn and have too many emblems. A presentation clock to an officer would not look like carnival junk.

Also I have a USN Navy clock doctors from WWI and WWII and the silver did not tarnish like these.

Comment

One last note is clock makers and repair shops do not take out original movements and stick in new movements. A clock has more value with a broken movement not running than replacement movement.

Comment

ss suicide pill clocks..hahahahahahaha!

these guys from Niagara region are killing me..... where on earth do they get this crap! a year later and more and more (and more!..)
                            just keeps coming down the pipe!

they probably hate me by now,i tell everyone that attends and looks at them that they are fake..god,after viewing some of these things over and over,I need a cyanide pill!

Comment

Gosh!!
                              I collect clocks (not military ones) and those figural ones are the ugliest crap I've ever seen in my whole life!!
                              Yes, I need to take some cyanure pills with methilic alcohol to get over that vision...
                              Stamp a big swastica and SS runes over a piece of s--t and dozens of idiots will quarrel to buy it!

Aitor

Comment

Yet another one on Ebay. Now it is a 1936 Nazi Olympic Clock

Ebay #

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

GERMAN WWII POCKET WATCH - DESK CLOCK - OLYMPICS WAFFEN Item number: 6607981070

The seller replied,

Hi,I cant see any mark on the back,but there is an original mark inside of the clock.Some specilaists see this clock and all tell that it is original from WW II.I dont understand of clocks but I cant tell to you or the other person something that I dont check and that isnt true.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X