Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luftwaffe Dienstbluse with Feldgrau collar-significant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Dienstbluse with Feldgrau collar-significant?

I have this salty dienstbluse on hold for me with $120 to go(put $80 down on it today). I believe the insignia has been replaced, although original, but what makes me wonder most is the feldgrau wool collar. On the backside of the collar, it still is Luftwaffe blue-gray with zig-zag stitching. I have strong belief it was wartime done, but why is my question . Any reponses welcome!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dunkirchen1940; 03-19-2005, 04:21 PM.

closeup of the collar
    Attached Files

Comment

Maker "Deinert" of Berlin
      Attached Files

Comment

III./Flak-Regiment 43, 16th Batterie of Dessau-Kochstedt.
        Luftwaffe Bekleidungsamt 1936
        Attached Files
        Last edited by dunkirchen1940; 03-21-2005, 09:48 AM. Reason: Add more info

Comment

The back of the tunic, with one or two small moth nips.
          Attached Files

Comment

The insignia has clearly been replaced. All I can say about the collar is that apparently it did not "age" together with the rest of the tunic. Consequently, I would say it's either a post war repair job or a post war adaptation / repair for civilian use.

I would not give it the benefit of the doubt and believe it's period done. But that's just my opinion.

BR,
            Al

Comment

You have a good point Albert about the collar not aging along with the tunic.
              I was possibly thinking of searching for some original Luftwaffe gray-blue material and repairing the collar back to its original form. I think it would be worth it.
              Does that sound logical, or should I leave it as it is?

Comment

The tunic displays well, in my opinion(just one of my work-shirts and one of my ties underneath, but gets the job done). I need to find my dad's LW buckle to go with it, get a early droop-tail eagle for it, and get a WWII belt instead of the pre-WWI I have on it in the photo. Also, there were 2 old holes from a badge on the right top pocket, and my black wound fits them perfectly. I am happy with it, even though it is salty. That is all that matters, right?
                Later,
                Karl Bandow
                Attached Files

Comment

IMO, the collar tabs are not wartime applied. So, all bets are off as to when the collar was added.
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

As of now, I am sure that the collar was repaired post-war, as the collar tabs were stitched on using red thread, definately not what was used on untouched original examples.
                    I still love the tunic, and hopefully through time, I can make it stock again(will take quite a while).
                    Also, the 4 pocket tunic in the background of the first few photos is $750. It is an NCO tunic with flight school markings, dated 1937, has a bullion droop-tail eagle, and has about 98% of the nap. Is that a good price , as I was considering buying it in the near future.
                    Thanks in advance!
                    Karl

Comment

Nice tunic Karl!!!!
                      I think you got a good price!

Btw, any trace of that tracking number?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X