Heer hot weather tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer hot weather tunic

Please, help me to understand if that tunis is original?

Looks like a nice original "3d-pattern" tropical field blouse.

These are often mistakenly referred to as a "M-43 DAK" or "3d-pattern DAK" tunic when in fact they never saw service in the North African theater. The campaign was over by the time these were being issued. This. and the 2nd-pattern (with scalloped pocket flaps) are widely seen in the Italian campaign.

A nice pair of mid- to late-war EM straps would top this nicely

Comment

Nice final pattern "tropen" uniform. These were sometimes made with just standard continental insignia towards the end.

Comment

Indeed an original 1944 3rd pattern tunic as already pointed out - but (and this is something I've corrected time again) 3rd pattern tunics first saw field service in North Africa in late 1942 when the 10th Panzer Division were sent to Tunisia (so, no - obviously not a 'DAK' timeframe).
        2nd patterns were manufactured from late 1941 and 3rd patterns during 1942. There are dated examples and dated photos to lay all the old 'folk-law' to rest.
        Mark
        NZ

Comment

Well I stand corrected then - thanks Mark.

I have never seen a photo of one in wear in theater so if you have one handy I'd love to see it.

vr

Bob

Originally posted by NZMark View Post
          Indeed an original 1944 3rd pattern tunic as already pointed out - but (and this is something I've corrected time again) 3rd pattern tunics first saw field service in North Africa in late 1942 when the 10th Panzer Division were sent to Tunisia (so, no - obviously not a 'DAK' timeframe).
          2nd patterns were manufactured from late 1941 and 3rd patterns during 1942. There are dated examples and dated photos to lay all the old 'folk-law' to rest.
          Mark
          NZ

Comment

Hi Bob,
            No problem
            Here's a thread on the subject, and I'll post again a dated photo I own.
            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...n+north+africa
            Cheers!
            Mark
            Attached Files

Comment

Agree with Mark, original 3rd pattern with original insignia. Also agree the 3rd pattern was worn in Tunisia as early as Nov '42.
              Units of the 10th Pz Div and the 501 Schwere Bn are seen in photos wearing the 3rd pattern in Tunisia and in Italy prior to embarkation.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X