• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More photographs can be seen in below link :

http://www.raskantik.com/visprodukt....006&katId=NEWS
    'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

RZM on a General's belt? The way the shoulderboards are affixed to the tunic? Is all this credible or a compilation of components...?

Comment

to me, it's a compilation of components.

Comment

Originally posted by pep View Post
          to me, it's a compilation of components.
          100% ... Such a shame people have to mess with stuff..

SK

Comment

Originally posted by Silberkreuz View Post
            100% ... Such a shame people have to mess with stuff..

SK

Gents -

When you say 'components,' do you refer to a 'put-together' uniform or do you refer to an added pair of trousers or added belt or papers to an original tunic/coat?

Cheers,
            Markus

Comment

The group has just been put on hold, I just saw.

I think the buyer is getting a bargain for a very nice original von Manstein uniform group with golden Krim-Schild.

I don't know about the tunic and the cap, but the coat can be made out on numerous pictures. Only problem withthe coat is that over time the rubber will desintegrate badly.

I recall originally the group also had the 'E. M.' marked case for the cap. Who knows where it is today....

Maybe the low price reflects the weak provenance or is there something really wrong with the cap or the tunic?

Cheers
              Markus

Comment

I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack but that 'greratcoat' is NOT something a General would wear. I've seen the style described as a motorcycle jacket (thus the very long opening in the rear) - it's certainly not an officer's coat.

There's a boatload wrong with this 'ensemble' such that it's at least a twelvepack purchase. You need to toss down a twelvepack before accepting it.

Comment

I'm a Waffen-SS/LAH collector and not really interested in WH items.

The reason I'm looking at this specific group now is because it was the first group that caught my attention when I was just bearly beginning to get interested in militaria.

The tunic was featured in "Internationales Militaria Magazin," Dec. 1995 - Jan. 1996 issue. It was credited to Kai Winkler of then "Nordheideversand."

The tunic, cap and trousers were then featured under lot no. 2866 at the auction of "Hanseatisches Auktionshaus für Geschichte" on February 7, 1997. It was sold for then DEM 23,000.00 (DEM 22,000.00 reserve).

The rubberized rain coat was also auctioned off at DEM 4,800.00 (DEM 4,500.00 reserve). It's not a leather coat, but a tailor made private purchase rain coat, similar to a Kradmantel, as far as I can tell. Manstein can be seen on several photos wearing this style of coat (if not this very same one).

The belt and medals shown in the current sales offer was NOT part of the Nordheideversand offer, nor the HH auction at the time. Those items must have been added later by a collector.

Interestingly, www.themarshalsbaton.com shows another von Manstein tunic and visor.... Which one is the original? Or are there 2 sets?

Cheers,

Markus

Comment

I recall when items from the Manstein estate was being sold years ago.

While Kai has sold many nice items in the past and still continues to do so, his reputation has been soiled by his sales of high end fakes over the past few years and as such anything associated with his sales would be called into question.

Despite what posters might think about whether or not this is a compilation of parts etc the one thing not discussed here or in the description is the provenance of the pieces. Provenance on such a grouping of items to, arguably, one of the most famous GFMs in the German army is imperative. Provenance of such pieces should go all the way back to 1945 and be "rock solid". Anything les than that and the buyer is leaving the door open to questioning.

Gary B
                    ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

I would love to see detailed photos of the eagle. It does not have the quality as I would expect a hand embroidered eagle like the example below. Or better as he was a FM
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X