UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panzer collar tabs - are they authentic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer collar tabs - are they authentic?

I would sincerely appreciate any opinions as to the authenticity of this pair of Panzer collar tabs. Thanks, John
    Attached Files

IMO, these are repros.
    The reverse side shows construction not typical of original tabs.

Comment

Not good.

Comment

Have a look at this thread about such Panzer tabs John, and then see what you think about them;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...er+Collar+tabs

In my experience, an original type not widely known by some collectors but not necessary reproductions as some so freely state,

Chris

Comment

Possibly postwar private purchase.
          Attached Files

Comment

Original and exactly the same type as the vet acquired piece in the thread above.

Comment

I'd like to change my opinion on these.

I bought these because of the link that 90th Light wrote above. I trusted a WAF members story and will now enter into a $600 battle to get my money back.

Here are some close up of these repros as well as a comparison next to original skulls. Everything is wrong with these skulls.

Also shown are the other items in the lot it came with, also repros.
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Bologna View Post
                    Tony

Sorry to read where this deal has turned to custard for you. That member is very well known for telling "stories" and for defending fakes - Kreta cuff titles, Pink Smocks certain hats & award badges come to mind.
                    I hope in the end it works out well for you and you get your money back.

Comment

Everyone has opinions;
                      you need to get them from a reliable source - someone with the experience and expertise that can provide an opinion or assessment that has value.
                      When someone asks merely for an opinion, that's exactly what you get:
                      sometimes a single word or symbol (eg: "BAD"; "Fake";)
                      based on little knowledge of the subject.
                      There are MANY experienced and knowledgeable collectors here on WAF;
                      THOSE are the opinions that have value!
                      To start with, I'd recommend contacting the WAF Moderrators for that collecting area.
                      Also, there's a WEALTH of knowledge on WAF - you need to take the time to find it!!

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                        Have a look at this thread about such Panzer tabs John, and then see what you think about them;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...er+Collar+tabs

In my experience, an original type not widely known by some collectors but not necessary reproductions as some so freely state,

Chris
                        Well someone got burnt because of these ramblings. Just a matter of time before that happened. J

Comment

I searched the forums before this thread was started and came across 90th Lights convincing thread. I've had great experiences searching the forum for information but this is proof that there are some posts with some serious misinformation adding confusion to a hobby that doesnt need any more of it.

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                          Well someone got burnt because of these ramblings. Just a matter of time before that happened. J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X