Infantry sholderstrap strap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infantry sholderstrap strap?

I bought this infantry sholder strap on the WAF, I noticed the strap didn't have a button hole made in the sholder strap, I wonder was this an original sellers sample or something. It doesn't glow under a black light. What do y'all think?
    Attached Files

Infantry sholder strap?

Pic2
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

This shoulder strap is for a waffenrock dress uniform. It is supposed to be sewn into the shoulder seam. Sometimes the button shank was poshed through the buttonhole them sewn down. It wasn't meant to be removed.

Fred

Comment

Fred is correct, this way of attaching it held the board tighter to the jacket for a better appearance also.

Comment

Infantry sholder strap?

Thanks! For the information. I didn't know that, I thought all sholder straps had the button holes made in them. Does any one know anything about the 54 Regiment? I assume Regiment. Thanks for everyone's help! Brian

Comment

Originally posted by airborne1942 View Post
            Does any one know anything about the 54 Regiment? I assume Regiment. Thanks for everyone's help! Brian
            Infanterie-Regiment 54 became Jäger-Regiment 54 in 1942, it belonged to the 100th Light Division. The Regiment fought at Stalingrad and was destroyed there.

Comment

Infantry sholder strap?

Thanks for the information naxos!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X