MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heer Medical Officer Tunic Opinions & Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Medical Officer Tunic Opinions & Value?

I've got a fellow who wants to do some horse-trading with me. Unis/cloth I have rarely paid attention to. I don't want to screw him, or myself. Is the uni legit and if so, approx. value? Not something I'd be keeping. have not had it in hand yet, he just suggested this last night and sent me some photos. Any & all opinions are welcome and thanked! I doubt the ribbon bar/badge belong to the tunic. A GAB makes no sense to a Dr. Probably had an EK1 on it.

Hi Rick -

The eagle looks to have been replaced to me, and I don't know about the Jäger patch on a medical tunic. Otherwise it looks good from what I can see. Any inside pics?

Don

Comment

no...

.. these are all he sent. Knowing this fellow the way I do, if the eagle was replaced, it was done by someone else before he bought it. I would agree with the Jäger emblem, surprised to see it there, but the quality on it looked consistent with an officer... certainly not the 'typical' (if there can be such a thing) patch we see.
      ???

Comment

IMHO a doctor could be attached to a jager unit and have qualified for the patch. I have a book about the medical branch and I am certain that there are photos of medical personnel with this patch. I will check on this when I get home.

I would place an estimate of at least 1,500 for the tunic if the award loops are original to the uniform.

Best regards
        Paul Reck

Comment

Anybody else have thoughts?

Anybody else want to weigh in on this tunic?

Comment

I have no problem with a Jäger sleeve patch on a doctor's tunic....those divisions had doctors. A Jäger Major divisional doctor does bother me some, as I think company grade doctors were the norm for divisions/below - not field grade. Could be he was promoted and took the greatest pride in his past association - or he could have been a major as a divisional medical officer I suppose, and my concern is not well-founded. There is not sufficient detail in the pictures for me personally to determine a firm opinion on originality. It looks crisp...very crisp and that worries me some. Even period mint items look 60 years old. I agree that at least the breast eagle is a replacement. No hard observations to back that up other than it does not look "sunk" in to the material like something that had been on for 60 years would. I suspect all the insignia would have been replaced at some point - post war. The devil in the details is usually on the inside, which we cannot see. Overall, it is just to spanking crisp for my liking.
            CSP

sigpic

Comment

Im of the opinion you have a very nice rarely worn officers tunic with all the proper insignias.He probably attended jager training and served with a unit attached to a jager unit. Its a very nice looking tunic.

Comment

Is it possible that he was awarded the GAB for being a support member in assaults, but not being an infantry man or panzer grenadier, did not qualify for the IAB? You are probably correct though, as officers were awarded the EKI more regularly than other badges. I see you are coming over to the Zink Side Rick?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X