No announcement yet.

Is this uniform Real or Fake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would need to be checked carefully. I can say with certainty that I have these types and others (such a wraps) where the base Issue tunic was essentially rebuilt by a tailor and this involved using a large size tunic (evidence by the chest size marking present in some I have seen) and then cutting some and in one case all seams, re-cutting the panels replacing the reformed pockets and many other things depending on the example.

No trace of belt support holes and I have even found examples where the button holes were sewn closed so well that it took me a year after obtaining the tunic before I realized it! One would have to see some this work to believe it.

For me the tell tale on this one are the shape of the pocket flap scallops. Of course there are other characteristics as well.

Comment

A good looking jacket in my opinion. I tend to agree with Johnny on the cuffs and am not turned off by them. Moreover, Paul at Lakeside Trader is a standup guy.

The price is a little high for this type of jacket. You could certainly sit on your money and one would come along that would save yourself a couple hundred.

-Jeremy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X