Attached Files

Comment

Heer Uniform

Attached Files

Comment

Heer Uniform

Hello,
                Can I get opinions on this tunic.
                Some pics were taken inside some outside by some one who did not know how to do it.
                Any help will be appreciated.
                JacK
                Attached Files

Comment

Jack,

Nice looking "Piped Field Service Tunic" for an Infantry Major assigned to Inf Rgt 41.

The collar tabs and shoulder boards appear to be period applied, and the eagle, although sewn slightly lower than normal (6:00 position of the wreath should be positioned just above the pocket flap welt rather than over it) appears to be period applied as well as I see no evidence of poke holes above the eagle's wings in the tunic fabric.

According to the German Army's 1939 Rank List, there were no Majors assigned to IR 41 at the time of its printing. The list is made-up of information gathered at the end of 1938, and it shows 1 Oberstleutnant (Lt Col) with a date of promotion from Maj in 1936 (not likely to be him) and 4 in 1938.

One of these four is probably him (date of rank to Obstlt):

Krakau (1 Jan 38)

Schmidt (1 Jan 38)

Petry (1 Jan 38)

Görner (1 Mar 38)

Because this tunic is not upgraded from Maj to Obstlt I thought there was a possibility that one of these four may have been KIA in Poland, but I looked through the German War Graves Commission database and there are no Obstlt with these names KIA in Poland.

Have you checked the inside of the inner breast pocket to see if there is a name tag sewn along the upper edge? From the pic of the lining it looks like I can see the bottom edge of one pushing against the artificial silk and it clearly had a large one sewn at the neck which is now shredded. Also, feel the underside of the boards to see if you feel an empty poke hole from a pip that was removed.

Nonetheless, it's a nice tunic

Let us know if you find a tag in the pocket.

Best regards!

Bob
                  Last edited by Waffenreich; 09-27-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Great pipped walking out Infantry tunic! I have always really like these jackets as I find them to be quite striking. These are a bit harder to come by than a field tunic as they were a little bit more money and meant for walking out.

Everything looks good but I'd like to see the eagle in hand. Matt

Comment

Jack,

This is the kind of thing that pisses guys off on this Forum.

People take the time to post a reply to your request for information that you easily could have found yourself through a simple search, and you don't take a minute to acknowledge the time they took to reply.

You've been on here every day since Matt and I replied and have not even come on to say thanks. Pretty lame dude. I don't need the stroke - it's just a display of basic courtesy.

Comment

Heer uniform

Bob, I have been working and remodeling a second home (in my spare time), this is the first chance I have had to look at this post and respond to the PM's I received after posting it.
                        I always appreciate the help, but I do not live on my computer as a matter of fact, my main computer is not even hooked up, right now, but it was the computer I posted this from. I am in a state of flux.
                        I am halfway in one house and halfway at the home I am remodeling.
                        In between our hobby, life happens. and if 3 days is too long to respond, I apologize.
                        I do not have the tunic, some one is trying to sell it too me, and I have not had time to ask him about the tag.
                        I appreciate everyone's help, it is a model of tunic that I have do not have and I have never had this type tunic.
                        Sorry if my time frame did not work within your time limit. But it was only posted 3 nights ago.
                        Once again guys thanks for the help, it did not seem textbook to me. And that is why I asked for your help.
                        JacK

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X