spanish volunteer tunic. real or fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spanish volunteer tunic. real or fake?

First of all I like to introduce myself I am new to the forum and I still do not know very well how it works.

I found this tunic searching the internet and I'm curious if it really is as original as they say or not.
    The first point against it is that the breast pockets seem to belong to another because of the color of the wool and the second is that the arm coat seems poorly applied.
    Sorry if I was difficult to understand I do not speak English very well
    here a link to the site
    https://www.todocoleccion.net/milita...inal~x87723676

Garbage

Comment

Welcome to the forum! The tunic has been enhanced and rebuilt from a beat-up original jacket. Looks like it started like as a M40 blouse in very poor condition, which was then further degraded by creating and attaching breast pockets in the wrong fashion and place, sewing the lower pockets down or possibly creating new ones, and then badging it up with foreign volunteer insignia. The whole tunic was then hit with a sander or put through some other friction abuse to create fake "field wear".

Original bevo Spanish foreign volunteer shields are a tougher one to find, so this specimen is machine-sewn and stuck on. Paperwork has been added to turn it into a collection, and it probably is supposed to have come from the same estate or veteran - but believe me, it didn't.

Take your time to get to know your area of interest. Spanish - or any - foreign volunteer tunics are very tough to find, and there are many fake tunics or rebuilt ones like this being sold. Good luck!

s/f Robert

Comment

Yes a restored beat up original tunic with a "madrina" shield (which are impossible to date)
        Attached Files

Comment

Pass on it. A rebuilt piece behind a history.

Mike

Comment

Thank you all for the reviews

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X