X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer camo smock. Original ties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this camo smock original?
    Is correct that it has two rows of 6+6 holes in the collar?
    I always seen 7+7 holes in the collar on camo smock with hood.

Comment

Sorry for moving out of the main theme...but why do people tend to show their feet? Is it necessary? Does it bring any important information to the subject? or just don't know how to trim pics?
      Once again....sorry for this

Carles
      Attached Files

Comment

It is not the same type or color of neck string that I have seen originally used these. IMO the lace hole sewing is also not what I have seen before. Much about this smock is different from other variations that I know to be correct but maybe others here have encountered this exact run before

Comment

Material of the cloth of the smock seems to be correct IMO.

Comment

Can't comment on the smock but I believe the drawstring might be fake. I was given the exact same draw string years ago by a friend who bought it as fake. Jim

Comment

There is no solid 'this is how it should look' tie when t comes to these smocks. I have seen multiple types ranging to a different width of rayon tape to reichswehr period rank tresse. This particular smock has a rayon waist tie and a piece of string that is the same as used in the late war multi tone helmet nets. These are original to this particular smock.

https://fjm44.com/articles/camouflag...bnr-010010219/

That being said, i believe there is no 'textbook' sting as there was with the SS smocks. The wide variety of matierials used for these smocks is also a indicator. Unlike the ss smocks these range from thick cotton to paper thin see through rayon as thin as parachute silk.

I think the smock posted above looks good allthough I'd like to have it in hand beforeI'd put money on the table.

Frederik

Comment

Originally posted by 4th division View Post
                There is no solid 'this is how it should look' tie when t comes to these smocks. I have seen multiple types ranging to a different width of rayon tape to reichswehr period rank tresse. This particular smock has a rayon waist tie and a piece of string that is the same as used in the late war multi tone helmet nets. These are original to this particular smock.

https://fjm44.com/articles/camouflag...bnr-010010219/

That being said, i believe there is no 'textbook' sting as there was with the SS smocks. The wide variety of matierials used for these smocks is also a indicator. Unlike the ss smocks these range from thick cotton to paper thin see through rayon as thin as parachute silk.

I think the smock posted above looks good allthough I'd like to have it in hand beforeI'd put money on the table.

Frederik
                Thanks for your reply.
                So, is accept also the fact that this smock has only 6+6 holes in the collar and not 7+7 like normally we seen?
                Is simply a variant?

Comment

I have seen many variants. The ones without hoods usually have 5 eyelets and the ones with the hood usually 7.

Here is one with 5+5 : https://fjm44.com/articles/camouflag...tarn-hoodless/

Here is one with 7+7 : https://fjm44.com/articles/camouflag...r-010010219-2/

Best Regards,

Frederik

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X