help needed to id insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help needed to id insignia

Recently I got hold of a cloth insignia, it's a fluer de lis made of gold bullion wire, on black felt, with a backing and pin. It came from a ww2 vet's estate along with some other items. I'm not sure if it's German, but the other things were, so I'm guessing it was picked up with them. I have pics if and someone could post them for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Originally posted by Over_Heer
    Recently I got hold of a cloth insignia, it's a fluer de lis made of gold bullion wire, on black felt, with a backing and pin. It came from a ww2 vet's estate along with some other items. I'm not sure if it's German, but the other things were, so I'm guessing it was picked up with them. I have pics if and someone could post them for me, I'd really appreciate it.
    British Manchester Regiment officers bullion cap badge ?

Comment

Originally posted by Over_Heer
      Send me your pictures at gtkt@bellsouth.net
      Garth

Comment

I sent the pics tonight, I hope it went through. Thank you for your help. Hopefully someone will know what it is
        Last edited by Over_Heer; 03-16-2005, 01:04 AM.

Comment

The photos - officer's bullion cap or collar of The Manchester Regiment goes right out of the window as although the FDL is very similar this badge is about 3 inches tall.
          The old British military scout qualification badge had occurred to me, but the design of the FDL isn't the same? & it would be sewn on to the tunic or attached by hooks & eyes or press studs.
          So, I've drawn a blank so far then, other than that it might be the military scouts badge.
          Attached Files

Comment

Another of the front.
            Attached Files

Comment

The reverse.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting the photo, A local antiques dealer thought it was a boy scout/eagle scout emblem, but I doubt that

Comment

No-one? Hmmmmmm

Comment

exact symbol is used in Poland as a symbol of boy scouts..
                    but I have never seen bullion version like that..

Comment

The Boy Scouts here in the US use the same fluer de lis, but I have never seen a scout patch of this quality, and never of wire bullion thread. Plus it just feels old when it's in the hand. Hopefully someone will eventually id it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X