Panzer Officer Dress Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Officer Dress Tabs

All, may I have your opinions on these dress tabs, please. Their execution looks a little rough in my experience.

Thanks,

Don
    Attached Files

They may have gotten wet which can cause the bullion thread to do this-sort of sag and become loose. They are not great quality but may be period made.

Comment

Don,

The construction of this tab concerns me. Sloppy comes to mind and it does not resemble anything I have seen before. Take a look at the pic I attached of your tab and you'll see what I'm talking about. There is no symmetry to this tab. The wire/threads on the top bar are extremely long and wavy while the the wire/threads below on the same bar are at a sharper angle. Hopefully I'm explaining this correctly.

Mark
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
        They may have gotten wet...
        That was my exact thoughts as well.

Blaine

Comment

Don,

The shoulder boards have the same wear and similar bullion separation. I now believe these tabs are original and Johnny is correct, these tabs got wet, probably on several occasions.

Mark
          Last edited by MLH13; 07-01-2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Okay, now I know the tunic these are from and agree about the boards- Dry cleaning or washing a tunic in a machine (yes, I have seen people do this) etc. could do this as well.

Comment

Thanks, all, for your help.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X