GBJ Uniform opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GBJ Uniform opinion?

Buddy of mine has this, original? He's asking $1000, if it's original is that a good price?

- Steve

Appears to be a nice M42 tunic modified for dress wear with an added M36 collar and bullion breast eagle.
    It was also shortened. Skirt pockets moved up so the belt support holes are no longer visible on the outside (blocked)...
    The cyphers 99 are correct for GJ and they had black smiths for their mule trains...(gebirgsjäger hufbeschlagmeister)
    It all looks fine to me!
    Last edited by NickG; 06-28-2017, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Any opinion on the price?

- Steve

Comment

Not split hairs but, I believe the tunic to be an M43 style which was modified and upgraded with the M36 style collar, insignia and was heavily tailored with shortened skirt and sewn pockets. Nice tunic,

As far as price, altered tunics don't command prices as much as factory, untouched issue tunics do. I would guess the price to be ~$-1200? Steve

Comment

Originally posted by airborne_steve View Post
          Not split hairs but, I believe the tunic to be an M43 style which was modified and upgraded with the M36 style collar, insignia and was heavily tailored with shortened skirt and sewn pockets. Nice tunic, Steve

Appears, you are correct sir, the pockets are deferent

- Steve

Comment

I see straight pocket flaps but maybe there is a slight curve (tip)...the dating would make it more in line with M43 time span...yes!
            Nice altered tunic!

Comment

I couldn't believe this blouse wasn't snagged up when it was first offered for sale. Glad it was still there today cause this baby is now coming home to me! I'll post some better shots when it arrives

Blaine

Comment

Blaine,
                A very nice walking out tunic for a senior NCO.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X