Sonderfuhrer shoulder boards questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonderfuhrer shoulder boards questions

Would a sonderfuhrer in a unit that uses a unit crest attached to the sholderboards (GD, HuD, etc.) also wear the same crest on their sonderfuhrer sholderboards, or were they kept blank?

I've never seen a Sdf board have any unit emblem or crest attached, I'm not saying they didn't exist, but didn't know for sure what the story is on these.

Thanks

Sonderfuhrer did use devices on their shoulder boards often you will see a medical caduceus for contract surgeons, or a 'Z' for dentists. I have also seen the administrative 'Hermes', Latin 'E', engineer's cogwheel and Veterinary snake device used.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I know they wore branch devices, but I was asking more specifically about unit crests, such as the GD cyphers, or the HuD's "Stalingrad Cross"

Comment

I would be highly suspicious any SF shoulder boards with numerals, GD or HuD ciphers, I think they were treated much like officials and were not allowed to wear these distinguishing insignia.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Diane; 05-30-2017, 03:26 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

This piccie is from Angolia/Schlicht's Uni's and Traditions of the Heer. It show a Beamte member wearing a Panzer wrap reputedly serving with GD. as you can see no devices on the boards....however having said that he "could' be wearing a cuff band.....

I own a tunic for a Apotheker that has the Gebirgsjäger Edelweiss on the right sleeve......

Cheers
          Larry
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shootar401 View Post
            Would a sonderfuhrer in a unit that uses a unit crest attached to the sholderboards (GD, HuD, etc.) also wear the same crest on their sonderfuhrer sholderboards, or were they kept blank?

I've never seen a Sdf board have any unit emblem or crest attached, I'm not saying they didn't exist, but didn't know for sure what the story is on these.

Thanks
            Moin, aber sorry - ich schreibe auf Deutsch ))
            1. Sdf trugen keine Traditions- und Truppenabzeichen, keine Aermelbaender
            2. Sdf sollten auch keine Panzeruniform tragen
            3. "E" und Aeskulapstab auf Schulterstuecken sind keine Traditions- und Truppenabzeichen
            4. Roemische Zahlen sind manschmal auf Sdf-Schulterklappen zu treffen
            Gruss
            Andrej

PS. Auf einem Foto ist ein bekannter Kriegsmaler aus einer Propaganda-Kompanie in schwarzer Panzeruniform mit Sdf-Rangabzeichen abgebildet, was vorschriftswidrig war.

PPS. Beamten wurden nicht kommandiert, deswegen alles wie beim Stammpersonal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X