m42 tunic on estand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m42 tunic on estand

There's an interesting M42 tunic for sale on the stand. Firstly look at the points on those pocket flaps, its almost like they have been pimped. Then if you look at the lining, the breast pockets have been sewn on before the lining material, an interesting point if these tunics were ment to economise on production time. Also the positioning of the belt support straps look strange but it could be that the tunic was for a tall person.

Jon
    Attached Files

Cool looking tunic I'm surprised it's not sold already
    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

I would guess a strong Austrian influence on this tunic. J

Comment

That a fine looking and unique tunic.
        Jacques is right, possibly of Austrian influence.

If your interested, I would say it would make an excellent addition to a collection.

-Jeremy

Comment

I am always interested at the right price. These variations keep appearing and most of the images are lost either because they are not stored on WAF or they are sales threads and once the item is sold we loose the visual record. Tunics are a fascination of mine and I thought a record of these variations would be good for future reference so, when we get the old comment "it never happened" we can find the evidence that it did.

Jon

Comment

I assume the tunic is just a very long size wich makes the belt hooks holes position make looking strange . it a great tunic with period applied isignias

Comment

nice looking tunic. I woulfd like to see better photos of the eagle and collar patches. It is hard for me to assess the sewing for that far!!!

Juan

Comment

There are many odd features about this tunic. I would want to examine it in hand before saying much about it. I think it is an original uniform item but it is very unusual in many respects for an issue tunic.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X