GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about waffenfarbe Kradschützen Bataillon Grossdeutschland??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about waffenfarbe Kradschützen Bataillon Grossdeutschland??

Hello gentlemen,

Here I am again with one of my questions...

I wondered which waffenfarbe the Kradschützen Bataillon Grossdeutschland wore untill their change to Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung Grossdeutschland on the 14th of march 1943??

Can anyone help me for this? Was it the copper brown colour or was it the golden yellow colour? Or another one?

And another question, was there a simple Aufklärungs-Abteilung Grossdeutschland before the Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung Grossdeutschland?

I ask you this because I can't find this information anywhere, since the site where I found all my information (members.shaw.ca/grossdeutschland) went offline

Thank you in advance for your usefull help!

Kindest regards,

vonleonhausen

I believe it went from white in 1941 to gold-yellow into 1943. Don't forget that te krad units all converted to aufklarungs battalions in early 1943. I have seen some discussion that lime green may have been used. The gold-yellow is far more common.

Comment

Originally posted by brooksbz View Post
      I believe it went from white in 1941 to gold-yellow into 1943. Don't forget that te krad units all converted to aufklarungs battalions in early 1943. I have seen some discussion that lime green may have been used. The gold-yellow is far more common.
      Hi brooksbz,

Thanks for your usefull answer!

I'm a big step further thanks to your answer!

Kindest regards,

vonleonhausen

Comment

Yellow from 18 January 1943...

according to Horst Scheibert's "Panzer Grenadier Division Grossdeutschland", probably brown before that.

Comment

color

Golden yellow insignia certainly are found and I know of one Uffz. strap piped in light green. Never heard of one existing in copper brown. Might the answer be found in H. Spaeter's 3-vol. works?

Comment

Here are some useful threads on the topic:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...highlight=krad

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...highlight=krad

Comment

GD Kradschutzen wore wiesengrun (at some point during the war).
              Copper Brown was not used by GD.
              Scott Pritchett would be the "go to" source of information about GD.
              Scott, can you provide your input?

Comment

Originally posted by longislandercjv View Post
                GD Kradschutzen wore wiesengrun (at some point during the war).
                Copper Brown was not used by GD.
                Agree

Comment

GD w-farbe

"I know of one Uffz. strap piped in light green. Never heard of one existing in copper brown. Might the answer be found in H. Spaeter's 3-vol. works?"

Do you have an image of the Uffz. piped in lime green ? Is there one on the forum?

thx

Comment

green

I don't have an image and it does not belong to me. Will attempt to contact the owner but it's been decades since we corresponded.

Comment

In general:

White when it was a Kradschutzen Kompanie
                      A mix of meadow green and gold yellow (depended on the Kompanie) when the initial Kompanie expanded into Kradschutzen Bataillon GD
                      All gold yellow when the Kradschutzen Bataillon was redesignated Aufklarungs Abteilung GD
                      CSP

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X