Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officer gloves / Offizier Handschuhe

Hello gentlemen,

I would like to buy a pair of grey/fieldgrey suede officer gloves and I found this pair on the internet. The pictures aren't that clear, so it's quite difficult to see the colour and the material. It's described as a pair of "Wildleder handschuhe grüngrau" and IMO wildleder is suede, isn't it?

And do you know which size it is? In european sizes or cm's?

What do you think about it? Are they original? It's absolutely not my domain so I turn myself to your knowledge

Thanks a lot in advance!

Here are the pictures

voleonhausen
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lenny W; 04-14-2020, 09:22 AM. Reason: Outside image hosting

Nobody knows?

Comment

gloves

Officers' gloves are private purchase items like most everything they wore. In 1972 I purchased a pair of unlined grey suede gloves in Duisburg in a store that were essentially "officers' gloves" as they looked exactly like what is seen in photos with the 3 "ribs" on the back. While visiting RKT Artur Becker-Neetz in the early 1980's he showed me a pair of gloves he wore when shaking hands with AH which he kept as a memento and they were just like the ones I had purchased except 30 years older. So, finding an "original" pair of officers' gloves is difficult unless you have them directly from an officer's belongings IMO. The lined gloves you show are not "regular" officers' gloves IMO. The ones I purchased and "originals" the vet had contained no labels or stamps.

Comment

pauke - well said.

I'd concur and add that while some gloves were stamped, many were not. Private purchase, and there were many variants within a similar style. In my opinion, outside of period stamps - and aside from post war materials used (particular snaps, for instance) -there really is not much to go on. So your best bet is to get a pair that looks like they're of the period and showing the appropriate age, use those for your display.

Otherwise you'll either want to wait for a pair stamped by the kleiderkasse or a set with direct provenance to an officer or general.

J-

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
          Officers' gloves are private purchase items like most everything they wore. In 1972 I purchased a pair of unlined grey suede gloves in Duisburg in a store that were essentially "officers' gloves" as they looked exactly like what is seen in photos with the 3 "ribs" on the back. While visiting RKT Artur Becker-Neetz in the early 1980's he showed me a pair of gloves he wore when shaking hands with AH which he kept as a memento and they were just like the ones I had purchased except 30 years older. So, finding an "original" pair of officers' gloves is difficult unless you have them directly from an officer's belongings IMO. The lined gloves you show are not "regular" officers' gloves IMO. The ones I purchased and "originals" the vet had contained no labels or stamps.
          Hi Pauke,

Thanks for your answer for making that clear! I will probably search a little beter then

It's quite a great story you told me there about your gloves!

Kindest regards,

vonleonhausen

Comment

Originally posted by JasonA View Post
            pauke - well said.

I'd concur and add that while some gloves were stamped, many were not. Private purchase, and there were many variants within a similar style. In my opinion, outside of period stamps - and aside from post war materials used (particular snaps, for instance) -there really is not much to go on. So your best bet is to get a pair that looks like they're of the period and showing the appropriate age, use those for your display.

Otherwise you'll either want to wait for a pair stamped by the kleiderkasse or a set with direct provenance to an officer or general.

J-
            Hi JasonA,

Thanks for your answer and for the tips you gave me there, I will look after a pair and look if it's allright for my display

Kindest regards,

vonleonhausen

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X