Cavalry or FJ/flight crew board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cavalry or FJ/flight crew board

Always thought this was a Cavalry board. Were these used by flight crew/FJ as well?Any thoughts welcome thanks for looking.
    Attached Files

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

That is on the fence for a dress board for Army Signals or could also be flight. In the middle of the underside between the pip pins you come closest to seeing the original color of the board. On my screen it does not look golden yellow like cavalry/recce. Flight used a wide range of yellows but on my screen, it looks most like a dress board for Heer signals.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I got a Heer FJ badge a few months ago. This was supposedly from the same POW. I guess it's possible but we'll never know. The family has no idea what the color means so them saying this belongs with the badge is direct word of mouth from the vet. Thank you for your help.

Comment

THis board could very well have been used for someone in LW flight. There really was not one single color but a range. Things also have faded and aged and color is slightly different now after 70 plus years.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X