Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RONA sleeve shield

Hello,
    Posting this RONA sleeve shield for opinions, I'm confident it is an original, it matches the construction and materials of the ones I have seen in reference books. This came from the handful of the accepted originals from the Ely POW camp, as related.
    Any opinions would be welcome.
    Thanks
    Paul
    Attached Files

For this particular unit the crude shield examples are often the more believable, however the crude ones are also easily faked...Good provenance is everything!
    Show us the other shields and tell us more about the Ely POW camp connection.
    I googled it so its in the UK this POW camp that you mention. I wonder if any RONA members even made it to the UK? I have high doubts about that occurring...!
    First of all they certainly never saw combat in the West but some might have surrendered in the West. When Rona was dissolved the trustworthy members were transferred to ROA... When the war ended many were in the West zone avoiding Russian capture but certainly forced back into the Russian zone (like the WH Cossacks)...so that UK prison camp story is puzzling to me...

Here is mine...no idea if it is real or not...but it does not glow!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 03-11-2017, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Variations...
      Attached Files

Comment

Rona

It's going back some time now, I believe it was Jamie Cross? that had found some RONA shields, which this is one of them, as related they were from one of the guards at Ely POW camp. From memory there was a book put out and one of these was on the cover, there may have been more detail in the book about them, does anyone know of this book?
        There were certainly Romanian POW's at Ely, I cant tell you for sure if any RONA made it there but the construction of these shield clearly match the styles of the ones, only ones btw that I have ever seen in pics, seen worn on uniforms. Here is another in the same style.
        Cheers
        Paul
        Attached Files

Comment

with these things its a matter of faith sometimes!
          I like yours in post #1,,,and this one from Cross, they seem to play the part.... The others,,not for me anyway..
          These are and will always be tough to accept!

Comment

Rona

Thanks for that, I have no problem with the ones that Jamie Cross had found, scarce pieces.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X