Trade patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade patch

what is the correct position on the right arm for a trade patch?, how far up from the bottom of the sleeve to the bottom of trade patch? any advice would be great.

On most tunics (issue etc.) the bottom of the patch would be 11 CM from the end of the sleeve on tunics without cuffs. 1 CM above the cuff on cuffed tunics and greatcoats and 3 CM above the cuff on dress tunics like the Waffenrock. Those are regulations but of course there were people that placed them differently.

I hope you are not adding insignia to an original tunic that did not have it?

Comment

thank you for the answer, but i see original pictures and it looks much higher almost to the center of the forearm? is it just the angle of pic?
      i have a waffenrock with a trade patch it is 4 3/4" from end of sleeve, this is for a
      REPRO combat tunic and NO i am a collector and would never alter an original item.

Comment

Glad to hear you are not adding to a tunic. The actual way they often were worn and the regulations are often different. After the War started they were often removed or were not worn on field clothing at all.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X