MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dagger and troddel for medical officer..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dagger and troddel for medical officer..

Hi Guys,

I am trying to set up a mannequin with a Waffenrock to an Assistenz-arzt with paradepants - see pictures.

I know nothing about daggers and troddel´s - can anyone give me an idea what I have to look for..?..

Thanks in advance.!.

Hans Kristian
    Attached Files

You will need a hanger as well. Does the jacket have a slit and clip for a hanger? Some medical officers elected to not wear a dagger.

With a waffenrock a officers sword would under most conditions be worn for parade and formal dress. I am not sure about the rules for wear of a dagger instead of a sword. Maybe for other forms of dress.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
      You will need a hanger as well. Does the jacket have a slit and clip for a hanger? Some medical officers elected to not wear a dagger.

With a waffenrock a officers sword would under most conditions be worn for parade and formal dress. I am not sure about the rules for wear of a dagger instead of a sword. Maybe for other forms of dress.
      John, many thanks for your reply...I just checked, and there is no slit, so I just saved a lot of money..

Hans Kristian

Comment

Beautiful rock

Comment

Perfect looking Waffenrock!!

Regards, Wim
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

For the waffenrock the dagger would normally be worn hanging under the tunic so there would not be a slit but might have a hanger hook (sometimes) or the dagger could be worn suspended from the pants belt or a shoulder sling. Most other types of pocketed tunics for officers aside from a combat field tunic will have the slits.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
              For the waffenrock the dagger would normally be worn hanging under the tunic so there would not be a slit but might have a hanger hook (sometimes) or the dagger could be worn suspended from the pants belt or a shoulder sling. Most other types of pocketed tunics for officers aside from a combat field tunic will have the slits.
              Ah, ok, so I am not home-free yet.

There is no hanger and system for accepting anything on the inside and no slit.

And the pants have buttons for suspenders and maybe for an internal belt..?..there are to hooks inside..see photo..

But most likely a dagger from a shoulder-sling..?..
              Attached Files

Comment

I probably would display it with a sword on a full mannequin if it were mine. You can ask in the dagger area of the forum for what kinds of slings etc. were used. They probably have other examples to show you but this is one I have.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks John, I will do that. Probably I will learn something new soon..

Comment

Hans,

that is a killer jacket, would love to get my hands on a medical pipped one like it! I have to agree with Johnny, and would say that most Medical officers didn't wear the dagger much. Matt

Comment

FYI troddels are worn on bayonets, portepees on daggers.

Comment

Originally posted by ebj View Post
                        FYI troddels are worn on bayonets, portepees on daggers.
                        Thank you very much for this information - I am for sure a novice in this area..

Comment

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
                          Hans,

that is a killer jacket, would love to get my hands on a medical pipped one like it! I have to agree with Johnny, and would say that most Medical officers didn't wear the dagger much. Matt
                          Thanks Matt, yes, I do like it myself, and I would like to make a realistic display to go with this cap:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X