Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printed Freies Indien

Hello,

A friend picked up a collection the other day and this was in it. I really like the feel of the material. It has a rayon content in it that makes it smooth to the touch and it drapes over your finger. It is too bad that somebody trimmed it so close.

I would love to hear other opinions!! Thanks.

Fred
    Attached Files

aa
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks good to me !
      Nick

Comment

These can be a minefield. I personally only trust the ones that are printed on linen, very limp, soft to the touch almost like a linen handkerchief)
        and easily foldable-pliable... So not coarse, not stiff, not rigid...)

This is an interesting thread that I started a while ago! Note Freies Indien one...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...rinted+shields

Comment

Well at home now and comparing my specimen with yours...very similar print...
          but maybe not the material...
          Btw mine is not soft and does not drape over the finger...it feels stiff but also feels like it has some kind of coating (could be the ink but the white unprinted area feels the same... it is more yellow-ish? Aged? or shellacked with something?
          I bought it as a fake...since it did not feel right...
          Compare!
          Attached Files

Comment

I held it in the light (had not tried that before) an it is see-through...Is that a good sign I wonder? Yours the same Fred? Never paid attention to that.
            I am still skeptical but would be very happy if it is considered real after all!
            Thoughts? I do think the ones that are totally limp and drape are real and stiffer ones
            are not!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NickG; 02-27-2017, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Is there any photografic proof that these printed Indien shields were used in the first place? I cannot remember ever having seen a used one. Only mint ones.

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                These can be a minefield. I personally only trust the ones that are printed on linen, very limp, soft to the touch almost like a linen handkerchief)
                and easily foldable-pliable... So not coarse, not stiff, not rigid...)

This is an interesting thread that I started a while ago! Note Freies Indien one...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...rinted+shields
                Well Nick, I trust non of these printed ones...seen a BEVO Indien shield which was sold in 2008/09 by Hermann Historica auction from the France museum.

Comment

There was recently a whole bunch of newly made printed shields that flooded the market (started selling them on German Ebay). Compare with the indian shields from those series, I think if might be from that bunch.

Comment

I have never heard of or seen a printed one of these shields. Only Bevo manufacture. As much as I would like to wish these were real I surmise they are in fact fakes.

Comment

As eBay has now another fake BEVO 'Freies Indien' listed!
                      A bargain....only €399,-!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Armelabzeiche...IAAOSwfVpYuAV4

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X