Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 or M44 gabardine keilhose?

Dear all,

Here to learn, spotted below pair on a Dutch dealers site.

My limited knowledge
    make me think they are mix of M43 and M44 model trousers with focus on M43 model. Could this be some kind of transitional pair? Markings/date no longer visible ( washed/worn out)

Thanks in advance for your input!

Jan B.
    Attached Files
    'Arzt und Soldat'

Attached Files
    'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Attached Files
      'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Indeed the belt loops are typical M44 style and appear original to the trousers. The 4 standard buttoned loops placed beneath the suspender attachment points normally encountered on M43 trousers are therefore missing. The rest of the trousers follow the M43 'Keilhose' model.

A transitional model or manufacturer variation would indeed be my thought as well; not uncommon, of course it could be a later alteration as well, not really visible on these pics.
        Last edited by Zauberflöte; 02-10-2017, 08:02 AM.

Comment

It is an altered german M43 army trousers made from italian wool. The loops are altered. You can see the interior with it s classic pattern and the characteristic two big front loops wich were initialy mounted before removing and switch it for small classical belt loops

Comment

Originally posted by Buckliger View Post
            It is an altered german M43 army trousers made from italian wool. The loops are altered. You can see the interior with it s classic pattern and the characteristic two big front loops wich were initialy mounted before removing switch for small classical belt loops
            Are you sure? I don't detect from these photo's (post nr 2 right is from the inside patch) any previous stitching...?

Comment

I have now seen the orginal photos and some additional on the dealers site; looks to be a alteration indeed since on both front legs the stitsching appears to be visible. Very likely period done since these trousers have no civil characteristics.

Comment

Same position , a M43 trousers a bit adapted with transformed belt loops .
                Reinforcement square silk lining pieces for buttons still in position in the front inside .
                Nick

Comment

Wow, cheers guys for the detailed and fast replies! Great forum

I didn't noticed the old traces of previous front loops on dealers photographs.

Altered it is then, still nice kit IMO.

Regards

Jan
                  'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Price is fair as well IMO; reflecting its condition.

For me any alterations period done add often character to the piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
                      Price is fair as well IMO; reflecting its condition.

For me any alterations period done add often character to the piece.
                      Yes indeed. Or one should be willing to pay almost double for a 'mint stock one' as on certain EU dealers websites. At the end it's to finish off an 'veteran' combat-medic in Germany early 45... The condition of these is more realistic for such display then a mint one IMHO...And I'm not a "trousers-collector" only.

Regards

Jan B.
                      'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X