Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fitting out a waffenrock

Hi everyone,

I posted this Waffenrock some time ago. It is from Panzerabwehr / Panzerjäger regiment 26. I'm know busy to fit it with the right awards etc... I have already a Panzer Schützenschnur and an EKII/Eastmedaille- ribbon bar. Now I wonder what could fit in the two small round loops in the red area. I would like to add a PAB but is that historical correct? Did a NCO Panzerabwehr / Panzerjäger wear a silver or bronze PAB??? And if not: what could have fit in those two small loops?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Wim
    Attached Files
    Freedom is not for Free

When in doubt go ek1. Could be a PAB as well, if guys were injured they were reclasses at times. That's why you see Pz guys wearing IABs and what not. Matt

Comment

Could also been just a sporting badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
        Could also been just a sporting badge.
        I agree, once the war started, many of these especially for enlisted and NCOs were put in storage and never worn again. If there is no evidence of a medal/ribbon bar and only loops for one award it probably was a prewar badge as suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
          I agree, once the war started, many of these especially for enlisted and NCOs were put in storage and never worn again. If there is no evidence of a medal/ribbon bar and only loops for one award it probably was a prewar badge as suggested.
          Example
          Attached Files

Comment

The rider badge is always a classy one to throw on anything. Matt

Comment

Thanks for the advice thus far. There are also loops for a small ribbon bar. I put there a ribbon bar EKII/Eastmedal.

In the GAB book from Heukemes I read that also Panzerjägers received the GAB?
              Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
                Thanks for the advice thus far. There are also loops for a small ribbon bar. I put there a ribbon bar EKII/Eastmedal.

To be honest from the looks of the two sets of loops you have place for a single ribbon bar which I would put a Heer 4 year. Long service ribbon or single medal. German refs stated that these uniforms were only authorized to wear fully size medals in the waffenrock however like in the example photo provided a ribbon was worn. As for the pocket area set of loops you could try using the length of pens on the back of badges. I would not be surprised that the loops are for a SA Sports badge or a DRL/DRA sports badge only. If you put an EKi on that uniform it will be wrong and look misplaced.

Finally you may want to look to see if the unit participated in the Anschluss or Sudentenland campaigns, then you could use a two place medal bar and add that panzer assault badge you want to add in place of a sports badge.

Final advice is to make the uniform historically correct not some super hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post

To be honest from the looks of the two sets of loops you have place for a single ribbon bar which I would put a Heer 4 year. Long service ribbon or single medal. German refs stated that these uniforms were only authorized to wear fully size medals in the waffenrock however like in the example photo provided a ribbon was worn. As for the pocket area set of loops you could try using the length of pens on the back of badges. I would not be surprised that the loops are for a SA Sports badge or a DRL/DRA sports badge only. If you put an EKi on that uniform it will be wrong and look misplaced.

Finally you may want to look to see if the unit participated in the Anschluss or Sudentenland campaigns, then you could use a two place medal bar and add that panzer assault badge you want to add in place of a sports badge.

Final advice is to make the uniform historically correct not some super hero.

Comment

I agree with your advise. I have a single mounted Heer Service award and it looks nice on the rock. I'll try something and will post it later on. I find it important that it is historical correct.

Regards, Wim
                    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Would this be historical believable and correct?

Regards, Wim
                      Attached Files
                      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

more...
                        Attached Files
                        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Yes i think can be correct
                          Attached Files

Comment

That is perfect for prewar times and it looks great.

Comment

Looks perfect, Wim.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X