DAK eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAK eagle

Hi! I bought this DAK eagle from Hiscoll and directly after it was payed it disappeared from his site Normally sold items can bee seen for quite a while on Hiscoll site. I got suspicious and found out that it was a fake, thanks Mark! I got a replace eagle that looks to be original and thanks for that. I whant to know more about what to look for on these eagles. All help are most welcome.

Originally posted by Ljungberg View Post
    Hi! I bought this DAK eagle from Hiscoll and directly after it was payed it disappeared from his site Normally sold items can bee seen for quite a while on Hiscoll site. I got suspicious and found out that it was a fake, thanks Mark! I got a replace eagle that looks to be original and thanks for that. I whant to know more about what to look for on these eagles. All help are most welcome.
    Photo of the fake eagle from Hiscoll
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I posted to Mario that this was a reproduction eagle when I saw it on his site. A few days later it was back a few pages marked "Sold"!!

I am glad that you could return it and get your money back.

The "Tell" on this eagle is that it has 4 small feathers in the inner wing. Breast eagles have5 small feathers, cap eagles have 4. This is one of the better fakes out on the market place but it is easy to tell with the wrong pattern used.

Fred

Comment

Here is a link to the Afrikakorps forum, that clearly shows what to look for on this modern fake.

http://afrikakorps.forumcrea.com/viewtopic.php?id=118

Also note how the neck feathers continue as part of the wings on the fake.

D
        Last edited by Dermot Foley; 02-03-2017, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
          Hello,

I posted to Mario that this was a reproduction eagle when I saw it on his site. A few days later it was back a few pages marked "Sold"!!

I am glad that you could return it and get your money back.

The "Tell" on this eagle is that it has 4 small feathers in the inner wing. Breast eagles have5 small feathers, cap eagles have 4. This is one of the better fakes out on the market place but it is easy to tell with the wrong pattern used.

Fred
          Strange that i was not informed, needed to find out of my own

Comment

Hello,

Most BeVo weave Heer and KM/CA breast and cap eagles have the same construction , just different colors. Here is a small thread on Heer Breast eagles.: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=Evolution

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
            Fred

Comment

Mario is very busy. Not always reachable.
              Some things need time.
              At my first Deal i was also shocked;-)

He is one of the good guys. But busy as hell:-)

Comment

Originally posted by jürgen View Post
                Mario is very busy. Not always reachable.
                Some things need time.
                At my first Deal i was also shocked;-)

He is one of the good guys. But busy as hell:-)
                Hmmmmm

Comment

Eagle is a one look fake as it only has four feathers not five, and the neck feathers continue onto the wing as Dermot mentions..,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X