Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Names Officers Tunic research?

Hello folks,
    I have a little question that I hope some of you may know the answer to. Is it possible to research an Artillery Lieut. from his name and initials recorded on the tailor label in his tunic.
    Basically I have seen an officers tunic which is named and was wondering if it was possible to find some biographical details about his service and or regiment. Did the German's produce books of Officers like the British Army List etc.? The uniform in question has a couple of loops for awards and I was hoping that these may be identified via lists.
    Are there any go to resources or is it the case that it is now very hard to find any details?
    Many thanks in advance.

There are books out there that have all officers listed. If he was reserve prior to the outbreak of the war he may not be in there.

Matt

Comment

I would recommend the Deutsche Heer Rangelisten by Pozdun. I just picked up the 1939 list and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival.

Don

Comment

Hi Matt and Don,
        Thank you both for your replies. It's good to know that there are some possible ways to research an Officer. I have always wanted an Officers tunic and I am thinking about adding one to my collection. I am interested in the research side of this because I have spent years researching Scottish soldiers from their named medals and Uniforms and really enjoy this aspect of collecting militaria. It is also sort of my job as I work in a library and help people research things like their family trees or the history of their house or village.
        If I do get closer to buying the tunic, if I contact either of you, would you be able to check your sources or at least point me in the right direction?
        Many thanks.
        Stewart

Comment

Happy to help, Stewart.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X