Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical Shoulder Straps

Hi guys,
    i got these photos from a fellow collector and he is asking if these stand a chance.

I am negative of course but they reminded me of a pair i had seen at Ratisbon's recently. I was sure that it was the same pair but surprisingly after checking my archive i realized that i was wrong.

I will start with the pair of the fellow collector and then add the photos from the auction.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Chris
    Attached Files
    sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Piping
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Backing of the tongues
        Attached Files

Comment

Now the second pair.
          Interestingly they have the same rank. The details tell me that these were made by the same hand.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

straps

Both pairs are reproductions and, like you say, likely made by the same person.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                  ..oups, what did they sell for at Ratisbon´s..?..

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                    Agree.
                    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hi guys,
                      sorry for my late response. For some reason i have no notifications from the forum. Not even from PMs. Anyone has the same issue?

Hans if i remember correctly for 450 euros.

Comment

Another pair shown here;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post7695825

do not write these boards off too quickly as fake. They look to be type that was encountered in Tunisia and Italy. However, not well known by tropical collectors today at all. I am awaiting permission to show images of some veteran brought back examples and provide more background about this type,

Chris
                        Last edited by 90th Light; 02-07-2017, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Boards Trop

These boards do not look incredulous to me. The Tresse and the Waffenfabre are original. The tread & stitching is credulous. Patina is consistent. I think the Ersatz tongue on the left tab of image 6 is responsible for their unpopularity. Waiting for 90th permission to post his vets Tunisian bringback. Hoping the more entrepreneurial cast among us will not use it as inspiration for some new endeavors as has been the case since May 1945. But yet here we are.

Comment

These boards are fairly recent reproductions imo.

Comment

Agree recent fakes and same maker too...Nice demo Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X