Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kradschutzen shoulder straps

Hi ,
    I have a question, this are two pairs of shoulder straps. Here, you can see the color difference.
    These pairs are the Kradschutzen straps ?
    Help me, please...

I think they are both Krad shoulder straps but the possible color difference is due to either sun fade or manufacture? BTW, nice, rare straps!!

Comment

Ufff...

very good message for me

Comment

2 browns

On the right would be copper brown Kradschuetzen and on the left the brown of Bautruppen as I see it. Copper and milk chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
          On the right would be copper brown Kradschuetzen and on the left the brown of Bautruppen as I see it. Copper and milk chocolate.
          I agree with Pauke, Bau is a dull brown and Copper brown is brighter and more orange.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
            I agree with Pauke, Bau is a dull brown and Copper brown is brighter and more orange.
            OK.
            but what do you say to this description ?
            Error ?

Comment

Hello,

I say buy the item not the story. Advice given to me a very long time ago.

Fred

Comment

Okay, perhaps you're right.
                If it is possible help me, how much these Bautruppen really can cost ?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                  I totally agree with Pauke's description.
                  It seems that dealers describe ANY BROWN Heer piped straps as Panzer Recon.
                  Probably why Administration visor caps are described as Gebirgsjaeger with Edeweiss
                  sometimes added. WHY??
                  Because collectors want Elite combat units instead of non-combat ones.
                  (and of course, they can make more money!)

Relative to collecting shoulder straps, however, Bautruppen is not a common waffenfarbe (nor pre-1936 signals who also wore light brown).
                  True copper brown piped straps have always been a favorite of mine, and I find them to be very rare.
                  All of the above is just my opinion of course!
                  If you earnestly collect shoulder straps of the Heer, see my offerings here on Estand
                  If you're attending the SOS, stop by my tables; I'll have many Riker munts of straps for sale!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                    Hello,

I say buy the item not the story. Advice given to me a very long time ago.

Fred
                    That's true but the simple fact is soldiers did wear waffenfarbe that was not technically not correct. It wasn't uncommon for lemon yellow to be worn by members of the cavalry, various greens worn by panzergrenadiers. Just look at the difference of opinion on this thread if they are bau or krad. I don't think the German soldier would have agonized over it. But from a collector and money standpoint most us would want textbook. A construction strap even if it was worn by a member of a motorcycle recon unit, is still a construction strap and should be priced accordingly. Jim

Comment

Thank you all for your help

Comment

Pz. A.A. 33

One of the best examples of copper brown, relating to a specific unit, is the #33 slip tab. In some respects, it can be used as a "guage" Kupferbraun. In this scan it shows a reddish hue.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Rosa und Kupferbraun

Copper brown slides on pink-piped shoulder straps.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I see Bau on the left and Pz Recon/Krad on the right. I collect both and think they are both hard to find colors so id be happy either way. Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X