Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White heer tunic for review

Hello
    What is your opinion about this white eight buttons tunic for an heer infantry officer?
    thank you for your help.
    Best regard
    Val
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lenny W; 04-14-2020, 11:12 AM. Reason: Outside image hosting

Val,

Interesting tunic, by regs it shouldn't have collar tabs. Are those even T boards or are they sewn in? I tend to think the tabs were added post war but hard to say without it in hand as there are lots of period photos showing these with tabs sewn on. Matt

Comment

The buttons appear (?) to have also been painted white. If they were painted, like the tab application it probably was not done during the war. The boards are (nice original- but both for the left shoulder and not dress boards) slip ons which is okay to see on these. Not all were set up to only take "T" boards especially during the war.

Comment

IMO boards are fake and jacket is also fake.

Radek

Comment

I won't comment on the insignia, but the buttons are probably just a matt aluminium finish.

Also, I'd expect a major to have at least a few award/ribbon bar loops.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by antifake View Post
            IMO boards are fake and jacket is also fake.

Radek
            Hello Radek,

Why do you say the tunic is a fake? I am interested to know. Thanks.

Fred

Comment

Hello to all
              Thank you for your opinions
              Here are two more pictures
              Val

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                Hello Radek,

Why do you say the tunic is a fake? I am interested to know. Thanks.

Fred
                Hello Fred,

of course. I don't like fabric and sewing. I never seen german jacket made with modern overlock machine. Look on the back for that. Also it has wrong hooks on collar.

Radek

Comment

Hallo Radek,

Thank you very much I didn't see the back the first time through!

Fred

Comment

I am a little iffy on the tabs and the boards, but it may just be the angle of the photographs. The eagle doesn't look good from the one pic. These are not crazy rare, so I would wait for one that doesn't have so many question marks.

Don

Comment

Salut Valoche,

I know nothing about uniforms (summer or otherwise) but I do collect metal summer uniform eagles and it may just be the angle at which yours rest on the uniform in your picture but I dont recall having ever seen yours before. From what I can see I like the design and the finish/age. Since its only clipped on through the loops, any chance of removing it and getting larger, head on front and back pictures to see the details, the mounting hardware and if it is maker's marked (the majority are not marked)

Merci beaucoup

JC

Comment

Hello
                        Thank you for your interventions;
                        Jean Claude, here is another view of the eagle that I got from the seller. No marking.
                        Val

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X