Army Officer cape questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Officer cape questions

We just picked up some neat pieces and in there was an Army officer's cape.
    It has a bottle green collar and field grey cape part.

I am trying to find a comparable to help price it out, but so far had not had much luck. has anyone seen/sold one before?

I assume they are kind of rare.

Thanks!
    Jerry
    http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Got any pictures? They are rare to an extent, most were private purchases and many variations were made. I've seen one that could may have been an original and sold for €600

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Jerry D View Post
      I assume they are kind of rare.

Thanks!
      Jerry
      They are, but not much sought after. Tried to sell one for 300 eur, finally traded it cheaper just to get rid of it (also I have a foto of my grandfather wearing one).

Comment

Hi,
        Thanks guys. Right now this is the only photo I have. It currently has officer's insignia on it, as that is how we got it, but I am not sure that would be correct. But the interesting thing is they took off the underlay of the shoulder boards before they sewed them on. There are initials in the collar area too. They guy we acquired it from spent his summers in Germany growing up in the 60-70s and managed to put together a pretty neat collection from friends and the relatives he stayed with.
        Attached Files
        http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

The cape was not worn with any insignia. Although it could be a very unusual example and original I would suspect all the insignia was all added post war.

I have a couple of them that are part of groupings. As Gran Sasso indicated, they are rare but not many people are really looking for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
            I have a foto of my grandfather wearing one
            Attached Files

Comment

Neat photo, it looks like probably a Burgermeister and NSDAP officials talking to GJ soldiers leaving for the front or just coming back etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                Neat photo, it looks like probably a Burgermeister and NSDAP officials talking to GJ soldiers leaving for the front or just coming back etc.
                Foto was taken app. 1938 at Mittenwald train station. Maybee on leave to annexion of austria or tschek. republic, my grandfather took place at both.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X