No announcement yet.

My 1st Ever German Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all been said in terms of it being a tunic, but congratulations on this fine tunic. A high ranking enlisted infantry tunic is about as good as it gets, for me. It certainly looks like it was worth waiting for.

regards, Robert

Comment

Great pick up! Really a nice looker.
      http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

In addition to the interesting waffenrock, as a bonus you also got the top grade Army marksmanship lanyard, a Grade 12! Not many of those lanyards around.

Comment

Congratulations!
          It's a wonderful feeling getting that first tunic, and quite addicting!
          Appears to be a really nice waffenrock. Tops on the lanyard, too!

-Jeremy

Comment

thanks gentleman! I'll snap a pic later once I get it on my mannequin with the medals off and lanyard on right

Fritz

Comment

Der Speiss for III Abteilung, might be able to find info on him!

Comment

Originally posted by schutzpolizei View Post
                Der Speiss for III Abteilung, might be able to find info on him!
                Now that would be great if we could narrow it down and possibly find out who this might have belonged to.

Fritz

Comment

Got the medals off it and straightened out the lanyard, looks a heck of a lot better.

Fritz
                  Attached Files

Comment

Side shot
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Fritz,

It looks great. I really do like the small regimental badge too. Good job leaving that on. If this guy had a schutzenschnur there should be a small button under the right shoulder strap near the shoulder seam. That is where the loop attached. If there isn't one there I would just pin it there.

You have a great mannequin for this too, Looking good. Now you need a parade belt and buckle!

Fred

Comment

Looks great Fritz!
                        Makes a very nice display. Fits well. Now he needs some buddies!

-Jeremy

Comment

Can't complain with that as a first uniform set. Congrats

Comment

Great Waffenrock!Congrats
                            M

Comment

Thanks gents for all the comments and PMs. Its a great tunic and displays VERY well. Never thought I would have the opportunity to buy one right from a vets family, really made my weekend.

Fritz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X