Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just sold on Estand. Opinions please

Hey Guys,

These just sold on the Insignia stand: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=894693 Can I get some opinions please?

Fred
    Attached Files

z
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Fred,
      I would be very uncomfortable with these....not for my collection.
      Thank you,
      Curtiss

Comment

Comment

Certainly not Reich production IMO...Foreign made and period?
          or aged Pakistani? Who knows...
          For text book collectors it probably is not a good choice...I would also avoid these!

Comment

A lesson I have learned with bullion is it's best to avoid 'dopey' looking eagles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For text book collectors it probably is not a good choice (but never say never)

For any collector it is not a good choice!! What are these collar tabs supposed to represent? They are not manufactured by any standard of the Third Reich that I have ever seen, let alone what organization they represent!

Your right Nick G. who knows? I surely don't but I will tell you somebody is going to be Butthurt when they try and resell these! Fantasy tabs made exactly like the eagle. Fantasy reproduction pieces IMHO.

Fred

Comment

Good point Fred... what branch does 'bullion' represent? There is no branch color!!

Comment

Pakistani Legion ?? Billbert

Comment

Looks more like a part of a movie or theatre stage costume

Comment

Please share

Thank you for pointing out these are repos. If I may ask, to learn what was the giveaway on the adler? The tabs I could identify as fake, but the adler? It appears to my untrained eye as similar in construction as other bullion?

Comment

Look at the shape of it. The detail or lack thereof. The placement of the eye. The general uneven construction and swas. Generally all what I would describe as 'dopey'.

Comment

Hello,

The eagle appears to be made of the same materials using the same construction techniques of the collar tabs.

Fred

Comment

Hello,

I rarely comment..mostly just watch, Listen and learn.
                            This eagle is really bothersome.
                            The only thing that really strikes me is the wreath and shoulders.
                            Proportions and execution are good, Especially the swaz. As with any handmade item being less than asymmetric is expected. The eye placement doesn't bother Me.. The bullion is rather loosely done..
                            I think standing on its own without the tabs it could have fooled many people.

Honestly this bird has instilled some doubts in my own collection of birds..

As soon as I re-up my membership I'll be posting them all for opinions..

Steven

Comment

Not for me..

Really wish there was a way to vet e-stand items... So many new collectors think it's such a safe place to make a purchase and in general it is.. but every now and then real garbage makes its way on board..

-Jeremy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X