Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assault Tabs

Hello,

I have had these for a long time and have always questioned them because I have zero knowledge in these types of items. If they're bad its not a big deal because I didn't pay much for them. Please let me know what you think...

Regards,
    Chris G.
    Attached Files

If they are unissued, as they seem to be, then what appears to be fuzzy rayon piping would bother me. Pretty convincing but I would pass on them.

I think most collectors have a tab or two like these that they are on the fence about....

Brian

Comment

Yah the fuzzy rayon is what bothered me too...

The litzen appears to be original but other that i dont know.

Regards,
      Chris G.

Comment

Hello,

There are a few collectors in this forum that believe this style of collar tab is a reproduction.

Fred

Comment

tabs

I can recall this type of tab showing up in large numbers back in the 1990's or so and I consider them totally reproductions, including the first style Litzen with red center stripes.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
            I can recall this type of tab showing up in large numbers back in the 1990's or so and I consider them totally reproductions, including the first style Litzen with red center stripes.
            I totally agree with Pauke and Fred.
            No doubt in my mind that they are post 1945 manufacture!

Comment

As many have already said here, they are post-war.

I believe the run of Stug tabs would be:

* Bottle-green badge cloth piped in red badge cloth with a totenkopf
              * Bottle-green badge cloth piped in red artificial silk with a totenkopf
              * Field grey (uniform wool) piped in red artificial silk with a totenkopf
              * Field grey (uniform wool) piped in red artificial silk with M-38 general litze
              * Field grey (uniform wool) piped in red artificial silk with mouse-grey litze

Yours look like a hybrid with the early artillery-piped litze and the piping surrounding them is meant to look like artificial silk, but is a looser weave cotton base. This is commonly (and correctly) attributed to be post-war.

Gents, if I've screwed this up please weigh in.

vr

Bob

Comment

I agree with the others. These are a very good attempt and would fool most to be honest. The fuzzy rayon for me is an issue, as is the gray wool itself. It just doesn't strike me as period wool (sounds weird but you guys know what Im talking about where it just isn't right and you know it but can't always explain it in words why)

The artillery litzen just don't seem to fit quite right on the tabs but there are some funky tabs that I have seen out there and in period photos. This one just doesn't do it for me and I believe these to be well made repros.

Matt

Comment

bad stugs

"I can recall this type of tab showing up in large numbers back in the 1990's or so and I consider them totally reproductions, including the first style Litzen with red center stripes." -- pauke

yup. i bought a pair. identical to the ones pictured.
                  just considered it the usual collector battle damage.

Comment

Hello,

Does anybody know who produced these collar tabs? Both the assault tabs and the standard backed tabs.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by echoe View Post
                      "I can recall this type of tab showing up in large numbers back in the 1990's or so and I consider them totally reproductions, including the first style Litzen with red center stripes." -- pauke

yup. i bought a pair. identical to the ones pictured.
                      just considered it the usual collector battle damage.
                      Yes, Yuck. Note the tabs were sewn on with the crimp of the string that held the unused tabs together. In the 80s there was so much unused insignia it was amazing. Almost all of it is "gone" now towards creations like this.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X