Mountain troop uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mountain troop uniform

Hi i would like some feedback on this uniform , would like to know if it is original as i have some people telling it is not authentic as i have paid a good amount for this uniform.

Thank you in advance !
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Basic tunic appears to be an original officer's M-36 pattern, however, it's my opinion that all of the insignia has been applied post-war. Also, there was no Gj Rgt 30.

Comment

From these not so good photos, I would have to agree.

Mads

Comment

Clear straight on shots of the insignia would help. GJ Rgt 30 never existed as far as I could find.... the insignia looks poorly down and in that one photo it almost looks like a precious eagle was in it but it's hard to tell from these terrible photos.

Who did you buy this from?

Also picks of the loops themselves would be helpful.

Matt

Comment

We discussed this tunic on the collection room page.....

Just noticed that Peter posted it, excellent. Peter can you take some seriously better photos? Nice clear shots of the insignia and the loops, interior shots as well?
                Last edited by afrikasandman; 01-01-2017, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Original jacket with original badges ...when do they come on the jacket ?
                  The discussion is open ! IMO restored .
                  No GJR 30 is existing , not even a Jäger Regiment ?
                  Nick

Comment

After seeing these somewhat better photos I must agree with everyone's assessment that this uniform has been messed with after 1945.

Comment

Hello everyone , i am looking at the uniform my self and i do not see how all the insignia was applied after 1945, when i try to put my finger through the seam on the shoulder boards , it does not go in also the eagle does not look reapplied , i will get better pictures when i arrive back home from vacation. I will take dead on better photos when of all the insignia , but why would someone touch a uniform with so many award loops , as you can see those where not post war added either.

Comment

Peter,

I would hope your finger doesn't go in the seam or I would be certain it was completely stripped. That Rgt didn't exist so that should always be a reason to be skeptical, the rest of the insignia from what I'm seeing in pics looks like a small child did the sewing. One has to remember that officers had to buy their tunics, so typically a tailor made them or they bought from the enlisted clothing depot and had them upgraded.

The base tunic is decent but the rest is concerning. Looking forward to better pics but it isn't looking good from these. The parts can all be original but when it was all sewn is another question. Matt

Comment

tunic

That tear under the collar is the sort you get from unpicking insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by pbatalas View Post
                            but why would someone touch a uniform with so many award loops , as you can see those where not post war added either.
                            The award loops look like a mixture of added/fixed loops and a couple possible original. The ribbon bar ones look very bad IMO along with the EK1 which I also feel like was maybe original at one time in the uniforms lifetime. They may have been "fixed" when the ribbon bar loops were added. Hard telling when this was all done but I feel it was when the tunic was put back together after being stripped.

Comment

All parts seem original and that definitely says something. Least you can count your blessings there!

However... as discussed.. the absolutely irrefutable absence of GJR 30 ever existing brings the whole lot into questions... The insignia doesn't appear professionally done and this clear error in hyping the tunic up really just dashes any hopes...

Like I said though.. least all the parts appear original..

-Jeremy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X