Collar tabs okay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collar tabs okay?

These came to me from England in the 1980s as a pair. As can be seen the colors do not match. I have pestered my wife about colors and she is getting tired of it! (I'm green/red colorblind.) They measure about 85mm from corner to corner, in the longest measurement. The photos capture the colors pretty closely.

Any information appreciated, i.e., good/bad, branch of service/Waffenfarbe, originally paired together, officer/NCO/EM, etc. I apologize for my ignorance but that's why I appeal to you all.

Unless they are something truly exotic they will likely go on the eStand if there is any interest.

Thanks, Brian
    Attached Files

two more photos
    Attached Files

Comment

backs of them
      Attached Files

Comment

They're fine. From about late 1939, mid 1940 after which they discarded the backing.

It looks like one of the tabs is more faded than the other.

Diane

Comment

common mismatch

Comment

I am unfamiliar with this type.

Comment

Hello,

I have seen a lot of this type of assembled tab coming from tailor shops. Both styles of einheits tabs.

Fred

Comment

Thanks all !!

Are the twin "stripes" in Waffenfarbe of any particular branch(es) (I think the answer is NO)? Looking at my reference books and on the WWW, I thought they should be but am not sure. I.e. white for infantry, etc. I presume that these are generic collar insignia which could be on an infantry tunic, or an artilleryman's tunic, etc., from the early war period.

Comment

Hello,

The 3 stripes on the collar tab are the same color. These are the first pattern of einheits collar tabs that could be used by any branch in the Heer.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                    Hello,

I have seen a lot of this type of assembled tab coming from tailor shops. Both styles of einheits tabs.

Fred
                    I have never seen this type of mounted tab where the lacquered underside extends to a raw unfinished edge. I am familiar with those types where the underlying material wraps around the edge of the stiffener.

Comment

Hello,

A large quantity of these came out of a tailor shop a few years back. It was mostly pairs of the 2nd pattern einheits tabs mounted on them.

Fred

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X