Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Großdeutschland cufftitle for review

Hi all,
    I recently showed a quite similar GD cufftitle here on the WAF which got the
    However a forum member asked me to show his example as well, which is quite similar to the one I recently got my hands on. This one is also in discussion on a German militaria forum. So far there are mixed feelings about it. Imo this cufftitle is from the same source as mine.

What is your opinion about this cufftitle?

Cheers
    Attached Files

..again similar type of backing cloth as the one I showed few days ago..
    Attached Files

Comment

My GD cuff

For comparison, here is my GD cufftitle photographed on white and blue backround.
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Similar type of backing cloth
          Attached Files

Comment

Any opinions?

Comment

I am sorry to say I don't like this one either. The backing material is a no go for me. Also the overall construction and materials are very close but not the the real deal for me. But this is my personal opinion.

But in the end it is not a rare cuff and there are many good ones out there. I would pass this one and go for a true one looker.

Erik

Comment

I agree with Erik.

Base cloth is wrong, cloth backing to embroidery is not generally found on GD CTs, and script is too thin for the "copper-plate" pattern.

You can find nice ones around $600 - $800 depending on seller and condition.

Happy New Year to all

vr

Bob

Comment

I'm sorry but this one is still a fake with the same issues I stated before.

Comment

Originally posted by richthofen_117 View Post
                    You're losing us. What did you state before (where &/or when)?

Comment

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
                      You're losing us. What did you state before (where &/or when)?
                      Hi Bob,

Here is the link: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=892102

Happy New Year my friend!

Best regards,
                      Yun

Comment

Originally posted by richthofen_117 View Post
                        and you would be correct. J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X