Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Shoulderboards

Hello,
    I can get these. What do you think about? And about the loops? Is this genuine?

Thanks a lot and BR
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Pips are not the "normal" size for a general's board for ranks below Generaloberst, but from the pics they look like a nice set.

Comment

Thank you very much for the fast reply!

Are the shoulder pecks not matching to the shoulder boards? So thats only shoulder boards of Generalmajor with not matching shoulder pecks / pips, right?

Thanks

Comment

Diameter of the pips?

Comment

Originally posted by RamJet View Post
                Diameter of the pips?
                Exactly
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

No, I mean I want to know the exact diameter of the pips.

Not always the very large ones were used, but they should be larger than the standard ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannequin View Post
                      Are the shoulder pecks not matching to the shoulder boards? So thats only shoulder boards of Generalmajor with not matching shoulder pecks / pips, right?
                      Not a clue what "shoulder pecks" refers to - pips? - but I don't see anything of concern here. It's 'nice' when one sees the bib honking pips on General's boards but that was most often preference/taste driven. Also it was driven by what was close at hand when the guy was promoted. Were he in the field I'm sure his orderly would use whatever pips were available.

Comment

I saw a difference between the "roundings" ... it is 1 more as the regular ones... I know it from the pieces after 1945 of Eastern German NVA...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mannequin View Post
                          I saw a difference between the "roundings" ... it is 1 more as the regular ones... I know it from the pieces after 1945 of Eastern German NVA...
                          Huhh??

Comment

He is referring to the number of loops on the shoulder boards.

Most boards have 4 loops (on the side) as shown by Waffenreich, but some were made with 5 loops (on the side).

It was probably a matter of 1) personal preference 2) what was available 3) choice of those Generals who were bigger and wanted a larger set.

The 5 loop variety is actually harder to find than the 4 loop variety. In terms of "desirability", it is up to the buyer. IMO though, many collectors prefer the 4 loop variety since it is better proportioned. Again just my opinion.

Gary B
                            ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that Gary. I couldn't figure out what he was referring to.

I always thought the number of loops was just a product of the wearer's size so I didn't look at his with 5 as anything unusual. I was focused on material and construction.

Have a great New Year!

Regards!

Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X