VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heer Indantry shoulder straps NCO Regiment 55, opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Indantry shoulder straps NCO Regiment 55, opinions?

Hi guys, do these look ok to you?, as much as I know out of my brief survey, regiment 55, was part of the 17 infanterie division, regards, Juan
    Attached Files

Heer Infantry shoulder straps NCO Regiment 55, opinions?

Attached Files
    Last edited by jlga; 12-27-2016, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Look good to me.

Radek

Comment

Thanks
        Originally posted by antifake View Post
        Look good to me.

Radek

Comment

Are the tresses correctly applied, was told they are not

Comment

Any more opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by jlga View Post
              Are the tresses correctly applied, was told they are not
              Two things in your comment can be addressed:

1) Tresse is applied correctly, but somewhat sloppy.

&

2) It is the incorrect tresse for these straps. The tresse you have on these is the pattern worn by the Heer during the Reichsheer era. After that, this pattern was retained by the Luftwaffe while the Heer went to the "diamond" pattern. As these straps are probably from late 1941 (or even later) there would be no reason for them to not have the correct Heer diamond pattern tresse on them.

To be clear - I am not saying they were not put together during the war. I am just saying they are not standard or "textbook" for the Heer at the time of their manufacture.

Now, if you want to sell them and bump them up about $800, take the 55s off and sell them as Luftwaffe Hermann Goring Division assault gun wrapper straps.

Comment

Thanks for your great explanation, most importantly they are not fakes and that is good to know, I am not actually selling them but actually looking to buy them and after hearking you, I reckon that the 100 Euros asking Price from the seller sounds like a bargain?
                Last edited by jlga; 12-28-2016, 04:26 PM.

Comment

You're welcome, but it is only a bargain if they were going to be HG.

As Heer straps (which they are currently configured as) the price is right at the high end for them with this "salt & pepper" pattern Luftwaffe tresse on them. If they had the Heer diamond pattern they would be about 10 - 20 Euro less than retail.

Originally posted by jlga View Post
                  Thanks for your great explanation, most importantly they are not fakes and that is good to know, I am not actually selling them but actually looking to buy them and after hearking you, I reckon that the 100 Euros asking Price from the seller sounds like a bargain?

Comment

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
                    Two things in your comment can be addressed:

1) Tresse is applied correctly, but somewhat sloppy.

&

2) It is the incorrect tresse for these straps. The tresse you have on these is the pattern worn by the Heer during the Reichsheer era. After that, this pattern was retained by the Luftwaffe while the Heer went to the "diamond" pattern. As these straps are probably from late 1941 (or even later) there would be no reason for them to not have the correct Heer diamond pattern tresse on them.

To be clear - I am not saying they were not put together during the war. I am just saying they are not standard or "textbook" for the Heer at the time of their manufacture.

Now, if you want to sell them and bump them up about $800, take the 55s off and sell them as Luftwaffe Hermann Goring Division assault gun wrapper straps.
                    Very well stated
                    Unusual combo with the sloppy applied LW tresse and the minty looking #5 cyphers and slips added...
                    though the straps themselves look ok.

Comment

Hi guys, thanks very much for all your input, good to learn new stuff. If I may ask, in your opiniĆ³n are these worth adding to a collection?, just want to make sure before I buy them . These are better pictures, regards, Juan
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by jlga; 12-29-2016, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hope these new pictures are of better quality, since I am not particularly collecting straps, would appreciate to hear from you if you reckon these uncommon ones are worth adding to my collection or not
                          Last edited by jlga; 12-29-2016, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X