Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Großdeutschland cufftitle for review

Hi all,
    I recently got my hands on this Großdeutschland 4th pattern cufftitle. Since I have no experience with those GD cufftitles I would well appreciate your feedback At least the materials used and the craftmanship seem to be period.
    Cheers and have a nice Christmas!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

back
      Attached Files

Comment

Not standard

The embroidery is very thin and not within the norm.
        The reinforcerd backing is not standard with the fourth pattern cufftitle.
        I cannot comment on the "russia braid", since I cannot see the ends.

This cufftitle is not without issues...difficult to make a judgement.

Regards,
        Thierry

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply. I've attached some additional shots made with flash.
          Attached Files

Comment

braid
            Attached Files

Comment

backing
              Attached Files

Comment

I am sorry but IMO this cuff is a fake.

Erik

Comment

I would not be comfortable with this one in my collection.

Regards,
                  Chris G.

Comment

IMO the cufftitle is a postwar fake from Eastern Europe. The typical characteristics of these fakes are "Very thin embroidery lettering".

Comment

Thanks for your reply. However isn't this the same type of thin embroidery as on the cufftitle recently shown in this link:
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=891921
                      Photo attached
                      Exept for the backing cloth this cufftitle looks almost identical and this one got the thumps up.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by EiSVOGEL' View Post
                        Thanks for your reply. However isn't this the same type of thin embroidery as on the cufftitle recently shown in this link:
                        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=891921
                        Photo attached
                        Exept for the backing cloth this cufftitle looks almost identical and this one got the thumps up.
                        Do you think the two cufftitles are identical with the same size of lettering?

Comment

They are indeed similar however definitely not identical. Since I'm no expert on those I dont know what type of variantions did exist. I just want to be 100% sure about this one The backing cloth is somehting I dont like about it - but since there are quite a few variations out there, I wanted to make sure if its in the norm - based on your opinion it is most likely not. I'm also not a fan of the thin lettering as well as the structure of the wool band used, but again I wanted to be confirmed. The overall quality is nice, so I wanted to get it checked before using it as a reproduction item.
                          However I feel this to be an older copy made in Germany since the sewn russian braid reminds me on the ones used on early Bundeswehr cufftitles.
                          So again thanks for your feedback, I will put it on a nice quality repro jacket then

Comment

Originally posted by EiSVOGEL' View Post
                            They are indeed similar however definitely not identical. Since I'm no expert on those I dont know what type of variantions did exist. I just want to be 100% sure about this one The backing cloth is somehting I dont like about it - but since there are quite a few variations out there, I wanted to make sure if its in the norm - based on your opinion it is most likely not. I'm also not a fan of the thin lettering as well as the structure of the wool band used, but again I wanted to be confirmed. The overall quality is nice, so I wanted to get it checked before using it as a reproduction item.
                            However I feel this to be an older copy made in Germany since the sewn russian braid reminds me on the ones used on early Bundeswehr cufftitles.
                            So again thanks for your feedback, I will put it on a nice quality repro jacket then
                            Hi,

There are at least 3 red flags on your cufftitle:
                            1) The black cloth looks very odd.
                            2) The reinforcerd backing are not standard with the 4th pattern cufftitle.
                            3) Very thin embroidery lettering with wrong size.

Here are some original 4th pattern cufftitles which have been discussed on WAF, you can make a comparison:

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X