No announcement yet.

HG tropical boards...mint and unissued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have a set of HG south front boards. It came from an old German collection.

I like it but Jerry do not and Willi Z. as well as John Hodgin are not sure about it. So please don't take my set for doubtless genuine.

However, it looks quite different than Yours:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=762845&page=4 (post #48ff)

By the way, this thread perhaps better should be moved to the Luftwaffe section ...

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
      I have a pair of HG shirt boards right from the source with white piping. I have posted them before on another thread a few years back.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...pical+shoulder
      Yes I saw that thread and admired them at the time. If original then you have some very rare boards there

However, the challenge becomes the need to hold a board and study it in hand. Gary Wood sobered me up on SS boards when he showed me how fakers take basic boards apart to make rare boards. It would not be that hard to take a LW tropical shirt board, unpick around the edge, remove the piping, replace with white piping then carefully resew it back together through the original machine sewing holes. Finally add some LW NCO tress to tighten it all up. One would not even have to disturb the button hole.

Now I am not saying that this is the case with your LW HG shirt boards but I am floating that as a possibility one has to be on guard for.

This thread is a good discussion because it raises the question, where are all the original white piped, tan shoulder boards that the HG wore in Afrika and other tropical areas. Why are they so elusive today ???

Chris
      Last edited by 90th Light; 12-16-2016, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X